Field Quality Control Program Manager (Multiple Locations)
Requisition ID# 136024
Job Category: Project / Program Management
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Operations - Other
Job Location: Eureka; Concord; Grass Valley; Marysville; Petaluma; Redding; Santa Rosa; Ukiah; Vallejo; Willits
The Field Quality Control PM will perform reviews to ensure electric system safety, reliability and regulatory compliance with state and federal rules. They will serve as a subject matter expert and provides guidance and education on applicable regulatory issues. This role will collaborate with customers and public entities to monitor and ensure appropriate vegetation proximity to PG&E assets to contribute to system reliability and safety objectives.
We are hiring several vegetation management field quality control program manager's to work throughout our service territory. The regions in which you can be assigned will be within the Northern PG&E service territory. The role will primarily work in the field with a local office assigned within the territory to complete administrative tasks. Relocation support will be offered to successful candidates that are eligible.
- Conducts business in a safe and ethical manner in accordance with company standard practices.
- Works with some guidance to complete assignments and solves problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Completes field work verification to ensure quality vegetation management execution.
- Evaluates tree growth and performs hazard tree evaluations.
- Prepares audit work package including audit work documents, maps, checklists, forms, and related documents.
- Works with some guidance on moderately complex issues.
- Communicates with peers, exchanging ideas or gathering information on overall program plan and goals within a specific functional area of operations.
- May participate in public hearings, legal proceedings or similar in support of the subject matter expert, may be the subject matter expert.
- Conducts Quality Control reviews on all work groups within the Vegetation Management Execution Teams.
- Contributes to implementation and creation of new concepts, processes and ideas to further WV program advancement.
- Bachelors Degree in Forestry or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 years of job-related experience
- ISA-International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist Utility Specialist certification and Utility Specialist certification and TRAQ-Tree Risk Assessment Qualifications
- Licensed Registered Professional Forester by the State of California
- Proficient with mobile data entry or GIS applications (Survey123, Field Maps, SafetyNet etc.,)
- Knowledge of forestry and/or utility vegetation management concepts, methods and techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Excellent negotiation and collaboration skill, diplomacy and tact.
- Good organizational, time management, prioritization and planning skills.
- Team collaboration skills.
- Good project and program management skills.
- Ability to assess and recommend based on strong technical knowledge.
- Adaptable to changing and evolving business processes
- Knowledge of current utility and energy industry. issues, trends and political, economic and social issues affecting the program.
- Ability to work within an environment that is heavily dependent on laws and regulations and knowledge of how to interpret and apply them.
- Understands the basic organizational structure and how to utilize available resources.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)