Telecommunications Lineman is responsible for maintaining safety of the public and crew members at all times in work area and may/will have duties of a foreman. Directing road safety, procedures, confined space safety, and general oversight of projects. Telecommunications lineman is also responsible for maintaining and building overhead and underground infrastructure with fiber optic and copper cable. This person will be accountable for daily job hazard assessments, DOT inspections, material check in/out, record keeping, and quality of work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform Aerial Communication Lineman tasks for both new and existing applications.
- Provide 24×7 emergency response support.
- Work with clients to plan installations as required.
- Install and repair lines in a variety of environments.
- Ability to climb wooded utility poles and perform line work off hooks.
- Experienced in Bucket Truck Operation.
- Experienced in the following tasks: New Cable Installs, Pole Transfers, Strand Building, Cable Hanging, Lashing, Over Lashing, Wreck Out, Make Readies, and Figure Eighting.
- Perform daily duties in a safe manner.
- Maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers at all times.
- Further industry knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Uphold quality workmanship surpassing industry standards.
As a valued employee of Track you have a responsibility to yourself and your fellow workers to carry out your work in a safe and considerate manner. You must Co-Operate with the company in maintaining a safe work place and report any potential hazards to management and not work in any hazardous conditions should they exist.
- Have Foreman experience
- Able to read prints and other engineering documentation.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Fiber Optic and Copper Cable industry construction, maintenance and testing experience.
- Mechanically inclined and detail oriented.
- Must have valid Driver's License and the ability to obtain a DOT physical certification.
- CDL Class A certification a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must have own climbing equipment and hand tools
- Must be willing to travel up to 4 weeks at a time and able to work within non-structured schedule i.e. long hours, weekends, 24×7 emergency coverage, etc.
- Self-motivated and able to learn quickly.
- Team oriented and has exemplary character.
- Able to mentor less experienced team members as appropriate.
- Safety focused.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid State of Residence Driver's License is required within two weeks ofemployment.
- Candidates must pass criminal and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) background checks and pass a pre-employment drugscreen.
Track is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.“