Provides assessment, treatment, care and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
ATTENTION Fall/Winter 2019 RESPIRATORY GRADUATES!!
Cleveland Clinic Respiratory Institute, would like to consider your candidacy for our open positions in advance!
Any offers made to you would be contingent upon you graduating from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program. We will provide an official start date to you upon you graduating and obtaining documented proof.
Please note: *If you do not graduate, your offer will be rescinded and you will need to reapply at a later date. Background checks are conducted prior to any offers.
Our recruiter, Vanessa Kolic will contact you within 7 days of receiving your application for a phone interview and to discuss your interests and experience. Full Time, Part Time & PRN positions available!
Please note - shifts & sign-on bonus vary based on location.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Directs respiratory staff for delivery of care. Implements and monitors patient care plan.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the illness and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- At sites where applicable, the employee will perform blood gas puncture and analysis.
- If the employee is designated as a Technical Consultant by the blood gas Laboratory Director, the employee must meet minimum qualifications as specified by the CLIA code of federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided for validation.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Ohio Respiratory Care Professional (RCP) Board licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) and/or Neonatal Pediatric Specialist (NPS) certification when appropriate for site.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Prior experience in critical care preferred.
- Neonatal/pediatric experience preferred when appropriate for site.
- Prior experience performing invasive procedures preferred when appropriate for site.
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Normal hearing and vision or corrected to normal range.
- May require sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities