Utilize your skills to improve peoples lives.
ACL is searching for an energetic, self-motivated Specimen Prep Technician to join our dynamic team.
- Location: Main
- 2nd shift
- 40 hours/week
- Weekend, Holiday and On-Call Rotation
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Paid-Time-Off
- Corporate Bonus Program
As a Specimen Prep Technician your job responsibilities and duties will include:
- Receive, expedite, process and sort patient specimens including blood, urine and other bodily fluids
- Perform data entry
- Meets/exceeds productivity and quality standards
- Solves more complex problems on a routine basis
- Process samples by centrifuging and pouring off serum/plasma
- Accurate labeling of patients samples
- Working with laboratory information system
- Prepare specimens to send to reference laboratories
- Stocks and organizes laboratory supplies and maintains company inventory records
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Respects and follows patient confidentiality laws
Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Computer Knowledge
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings and irregular hours as needed
ACL and our highly trained specimen prep technician team have worked with physicians and hospitals for over 30 years and we understand that in order to provide the best treatment possible, you will need access to the best medical testing and analysis. We strive to live up to our reputation to provide the highest quality and most efficient medical laboratory services to medical providers and patients in the communities we serve.
For New York Applicants click on the link below and read.
Article 23-A of the New York Corrections Code
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.