The Project Manager will join the Construction Team as the leader of all construction efforts for the new Epes pellet plant. This role will report to the Vice President, Construction and will be responsible for planning and overseeing the construction of the plant on time, on budget, and per Enviva specifications.
- Ensure a safe workplace and job site by adhering to safe work practices and the applicable site-specific safety plan
- Serve as a key member of a matrix organization, coordinating closely with various departments and functions across the company
- Partner with engineering team, plant operations, and respective cross-disciplinary support teams to develop scopes of work, engineering drawings, and other required project specifications
- Plan and execute capital projects ($50-200MM) while managing to the set project budget and schedule
- Communicate and coordinate with internal Enviva stakeholders and subcontractors to ensure a consistent understanding and execution of identified schedule objectives, budget adherence, and work activities
- Coordinate with Project Control team from initial project funding/capital request through project closure
- Review cost and schedule performance including detailed budget variances, change orders, quantities reports, and other key performance indicators
- Prepare, issue, deliver project progress reports (daily to monthly); provide detailed project progress reports to Executive Staff
- Manage external resources as required, serving as company representative to subcontractors for all planning and scheduling activities
- Manage and maintain the project risk register, assigning key action items and owners to mitigate and manage all identified project risks
- Comply with safety, good housekeeping, product quality, and related regulatory requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of manufacturing/industry experience
- Minimum ten (10) years dedicated project manager experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering required.
- PMP Certification
- Working knowledge of Process / Value Stream Mapping and FMEA
- Strong problem-solving ability using DMAIC, PDCA, 8D, or Cause Mapping structure
- Driver of action
- Comfortable speaking and presenting detailed information in a group setting
- Excellent interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the ability to learn other applications related to the job
- Working knowledge of Oracle Aconex and P6 highly desirable
- Active or certification candidates must be actively working to obtain
- Unwavering sense of trust, respect, honesty, and integrity
- Highly detail-oriented and well-organized
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in wood processing
- Six Sigma Certification (GB or BB)
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience
Must be able to work on site at the Epes, Alabama construction site during construction and through ramp and complete turnover of the plant from Construction to Operations. Able to travel to engineering (EoR) and vendor offices, Bethesda Corporate, Raleigh Corporate, and other Enviva Plants and Ports, as necessary. Expected travel from core job site (Mobile, AL during engineering and Epes, AL during construction, ramp, turnover) is approximately 25% but may change dependent upon business needs.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required by the construction schedule.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.