Thank you for your interest in joining our team! We hire right, train smart, empower our employees to make decisions, and provide ample opportunities for growth and ultimate success.
Founded in 1970, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain, transportation, and risk management industries. Today, CGB operates a global enterprise with nearly 100 locations and over 2,500 US employees overseeing a diverse family of businesses that provide an array of services for producers and logistics services for an international base of customers. The combination of our assets provides a growing organization that is celebrating over 45 years of strength and stability!
Do you enjoy welding and fabricating in a fast-paced environment? This job is primarily responsible for maintaining and/or constructing industrial machinery. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, installing, maintaining, upgrading and fabricating machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings.
In this job, you will:
Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type of facility.
- Fully participate in the company Safety Program and attends daily pre-shift meetings.
- Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, company safety, and environmental regulations (ISO where applicable); including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
- Perform daily walk-through of facility and equipment, plan and prioritize day based on facility needs and supervisor input.
- Perform routine inspections and preventative maintenance (per manufacturer's recommendations and company policies) to maximize equipment life and reduce downtime.
- Troubleshoot reported or discovered equipment issues; repair or replace defective parts or requests assistance as needed.
- Maintain needed inventory to complete routine tasks and maintenance.
- Utilize understanding of industry standards and research information to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Complete documentation timely, accurately and legibly.
- Operate a variety of rolling stock equipment (where applicable).
- Perform highly skilled maintenance tasks, such as fabrication, cutting, blue print reading, etc. (where applicable).
- Other duties as assigned; including performing general housekeeping and clean-up of all work areas; including sweeping, shoveling, washing, painting.
Here's what you'll need to be considered:
Required - High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required – Welding and fabricating
Preferred - Experience in mechanical maintenance.
Required - Valid driver's license and ability to meet company auto insurance requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate to advanced level of understanding of mechanical maintenance, knowledge of machines and tools, including the designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- General knowledge of many types of tools.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Basic mathematical skills, i.e. add subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to read and understand measurements.
- Ability to follow direction and to use logical thought process to interpret oral and written instructions and recommend alternative solutions to mechanical problems.
- Ability to complete documentation requirements
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use tools appropriate for assigned task.
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
Here's additional information you need to know:
Physical Demands & Requirements
Ability to lift/push/pull 45 lbs. occasionally.
Ability to climb stairs and climb ladders to significant heights.
Ability to work around water.
Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
Ability to perform work in confined spaces.
Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels around grain and other bulk products.
Ability to work on call as needed.
Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
Travel: 75% local travel between facilities.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.