Job Summary: Responsible for understanding, upholding and promoting CSG's Critical Success Factors, 1) Safety First!; 2) Financial Success (including operational excellence); 3) Employee Satisfaction (including development and training), and 4) Customer Satisfaction. Create project deliverable drawings and models using the current versions of available software. Work includes 3D parametric modeling, representation and annotation of 3D information in 2D drawings, and 2D detailing for complex projects.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create Revit models to a high level of accuracy.
- Develop plans, sections, elevations and details from a 3D BIM model for projects of all sizes and technical complexities.
- Clearly annotate, dimension and detail production/prefabrication drawings in conformance to Thornton Tomasetti standards and practices.
- Setup and manage large sheets sets including revisions and markups for each project. Plot drawings to pdf, dwg, or to paper plots.
- Create 3D views or renderings on an as-needed basis for marketing or project use.
- Use advanced tools such as Navisworks for project collaboration across multiple disciplines in a BIM environment.
- Continued development of “best practices“ for BIM.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Educational and experience requirements include: High school diploma/GED and drafting courses required; one to two years technical training preferred. 1-5 years of modeling and clash detection required.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and complete projects on schedule. Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others. General knowledge and skills in the use of various Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience and understanding of REVIT, AutoCAD MEP, and their supporting technologies. Experience and understanding of REVIT is required. Excellent understanding of 3D parametric modeling to maximize the benefits of an integrated building model. Thorough understanding of building components for modeling electrical components intelligently and efficiently to ensure the integrity of the electrical model. Working knowledge of drawing production, standard construction techniques and principals. Excellent skills in relation to rendering and graphic formats and their manipulation and output.
Additional Information Background check, credit check, MVR, drug screen, and physical abilities test may be required (will vary with position).