Your Talent. Our Mission . At Interim HealthCare., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating healthier clients and communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of healthcare.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of Colorado's leading healthcare companies.
We are actively seeking an Operating Room Surgical Technician in the Denver Area. The Surgical Technician is a certified clinician who provides intra-operative technical assistance to physicians and Registered Nurses (RN) who care for patients experiencing a surgical intervention or other invasive procedure. The Surgical Technician actively participates in the work of the unit, committee work, and program level activities and projects and role models exemplary work standards.
Float to sister units, varying shifts as assigned by the clinical manager,
Weekday and Holiday ON CALL
Responsibilities of a Surgical Tech:
- Assist with room turnovers and set-ups; restock and order supplies.
- Promote patient safety by participating in the surgical time out; labeling medications on the field; verifying patient weight and allergies with RN prior to passing medications to physician; communicating hand-off of care when relieved during case; and selecting appropriate instruments and supplies based on patient size and procedure.
- Assist with patient positioning and properly identify specimens.
- Monitor potential hazards for sharp or burn injury.
- Safely handle bio-hazardous materials and use standard precautions and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Utilize preference cards to prepare for surgical procedures; scrub all cases as assigned; anticipate needs of case by opening correct supplies and instruments; and anticipate providers' needs by being attentive to the flow of the surgery.
- Minimum one (1) year Pediatric Operating Room Technician experience
- Certified Operating Room Technician (CORT)
- BLS ( American Heart Association preferred)
- Must be able to travel to South Denver (Highlands Ranch)
- Hospital Experience with/or specialty and Pediatric Experience
- Annual Physical Exam
- Color Blindness Testing
- Education Verification (Diploma/Transcript)
- Fit Test
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Dental/ Vision Coverage Plans
- Weekly Pay with Direct Deposit Option
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated. ©2019 Interim HealthCare Inc.
- Job City: Denver
- Job State: CO
- Employee Type: PRN