Services Solutions Principal
Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for people with resourcefulness, skills, and positive mindset. The Services Solutions Principal collaborates within a talented and experienced team, designing best-in-class digital infrastructure solutions that deliver value to customers with the opportunity to work on the most cutting-edge technology platforms and tools available.
The Services Solution Architect provides leadership and guides the teams, partners, stakeholders and client throughout the engagement lifecycle. The role is the lynch pin in the definition, communication and execution of the solution strategy and subsequent proposal and associated costs that deliver a solution to the client's business problems.
From early in the engagement the Services Solution Architect is a key contributor to deal qualification activities, overall solution, financial modelling, and client engagement. Works to understand clients' current operating model and maturity towards digital in support of achieving a solution and transformation approach to meet that maturity.
Awareness of emerging and trending digital technologies supported by relevant industry knowledge bring credence in the role.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Demonstrates ability to build trusted relationships with CxO or Director level client executives
- Define and execute the team's strategy in conjunction with the Services Sales Team.
- Act as a champion and thought leader on digital infrastructure engagements, leveraging digital best practices and methodologies (e.g. Agile/DevOps)
- Make a clear contribution to the achievement of GEO services targets and related business objectives
- Participate in Strategic Account Planning meetings with Account Directors and Services Sales Specialists
- Continually assesses key customers and the market landscape for strategic opportunities collaborating with Account Directors and Services Sales Specialists
- Actively participate in customer facing meetings, advising clients on innovation, strategy enablement, digital architectures and transformation roadmaps. Consultative in interacting with clients, asking probing, relevant questions to draw out underlying issues and validate solution options. Applies techniques such as active listening, persuasion, etc. to great effect.
- Evangelize the Digital Infrastructure Services Offerings
- Participate as a speaker at industry conferences, leading workshops and creating content to inform customers of compelling technology trends. Provide market insights and trends about digital technologies and specific industries.
- Provide expert assistance through the various stages of the sales process including qualification, RFIs/RFPs, value proposition and business cases creation
- Help to identify and develop new services in line with market needs and opportunities
- Co-manage alliances and relationships with selected Partners
- Develops an integrated, cost-effective solution that meets the client's requirements and maximizes Hitachi's competitive advantage. Identifies acceptable solution trade-offs and risks to both Hitachi and the client. Leads development of an integrated transition and transformation plan (includes plan overview, timeline, and detailed plan). Develops Statements of Work (SOW) and negotiates SOWs and contract terms with client;
- Collaborates effectively with the appropriate delivery leaders to design the solution and agree on key solution parameters. Also, provides ongoing assistance to the delivery team during transition by providing guidance on 'intent,' previous client discussions and drivers for design decisions. Understand “point of sale“ variances and assist delivery to execute change control and/or minimize variances;
- Understands technical and business objectives of client;
- Makes the connection between industry trends and client needs;
- Capability to “carry the room“ when presenting or demonstrating our solutions;
- Is perceived as a trusted business advisor by the customer
- Seen as a coach and mentor to team members;
- Creates a trust-based high performing team;
- Drives the priorities and activities of team members;
Orals - Proposals
- Develops organized, clear responses from the client's viewpoint, articulating the business benefits and responding directly to the client's question. Provides relevant solution detail to explain why the solution was chosen based on the understanding of the client and its requirements, how it will be delivered, and how Hitachi has delivered benefits to other clients using similar services.
- Produces presentations and Demonstrations/Proof of concepts that focus and tells the story on the “how“ and “why“. Ties specifics of how the solution meets /exceeds the client business needs and the “so what?“ Includes possible client risks and mitigation plan. Incorporates Hitachi win themes/key messages as well as highlighting differentiation.
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Engineering, Information Systems, IT or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as professional IT or in complex engagements at a Design Authority level
- Genuine passion for innovation and a drive to learn disruptive digital technologies and solutions
- Good understanding of industry trends and challenges around digital and technology (e.g. in Manufacturing, Financial Services, Retail, Life Science, etc.)
- Ability to work autonomously on assigned tasks
- Strong problem-solving capability: identification, analysis, solution development;
- Significant experience in scoping, resourcing and developing commercial and technical proposals
- Strong experience in writing proposals
- Experience in managing large client engagements
- Knowledge of team productivity and management tools (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project or similar solutions and tools)
- Experience of Agile and Waterfall Project Delivery frameworks
- Excellent communication and presentation capabilities
- A proven team-worker skills
- Fluent in English; an additional language would be helpful
- Ability to travel and flexibility are required.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge