Posting Job Description
Charter Communications is America's fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We're committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter's business strategy and it's the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
The Advanced Engineering department resides in the Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in Englewood, CO and oversees the design and architecture of Charter's multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate, select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet the needs of the company for short, medium and long term initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial, Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.
Job Summary - The Software Developer designs, develops, modifies, enhances, implements and maintains software systems and applications designed to support new or existing business initiatives. Projects are usually of considerable complexity and require a mastery development tools and a number of coding and scripting languages. Works in most phases of a project and reviews work of less experienced staff members. Performs maintenance and provides technical assistance and advice on existing software solutions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Codes, tests, and debugs new software or makes enhancements to existing software using appropriate development tools.
- Codes and performs unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Designs and writes programs according to functional and non-functional requirements.
- Leads code review sessions to validate adherence to development standards, and is responsible for ongoing data architecture for software application deliverables.
- Reviews and provides guidance for development standards.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation.
- Serves as final escalation point to resolve incidents and problems for production applications and web services supported by the team in accordance with identified Service Level Agreements.
- Collaborates with internal customers, technical and architecture teams to solve complex software problems.
- Generates a variety of complex and periodic reports and/or data through database management, data administration and data extraction techniques.
- Provides general system users and management with system analysis and feedback.
- Influences system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for software enhancements.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced staff.
- Maximizes the efficiency of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs.
- Participates in continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards.
- Analyzes and resolves computer related problems by coordinating with in-house personnel to diagnose and fix operational issues, as well as consulting, advising and training on specialized features and functions.
- Follows established configuration/change control processes.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge – Development knowledge for the Atlassian Tools.
Education - Bachelor's degree in computer science or Information Systems or equivalent experience as a software developer.
Related Work Experience
• 6+ years' experience as a full-stack developer (back-end, front-end and everything in between).
- 6+ years' experience with object-oriented Java.
- 6+ years' experience with web services, especially REST, AJAX, and JSON.
- 6+ years' experience with other front-end and document-manipulation technologies, especially HTML5, CSS3, DOM, and XML.
- 6+ years' experience with packaging managers (especially Maven) and IDEs (especially Eclipse).
- 6+ years' experience with version control systems, especially GIT
- Experience with template languages, especially Velocity
- Experience with XML editing
- Experience with SQL (especially PostgreSQL, MySQL and NoSQL systems)“
Number of Years: 6+
Exposure to moderate noise levels
Travel as required