Looking to make a real difference?
You belong right here.
Come build a rewarding career helping others achieve their financial dream at an organization that values your own long-term success. With your unique talents, you have what it takes to be bold and brilliant in everything you do and reach new heights for a company dedicated to diversity and inclusion, community and you.
If you share that belief, this is where you belong.
Join our team of nearly 6,000 associates across 40 different locations worldwide and start your future today.
The role of the Sr. Analyst Conversion Payroll is to gather, analyze and document business requirements from new clients, client vendors, client consultants, and internal Empower Retirement resources, and to set-up, test and implement payroll and feedback processes for all conversions, mergers, acquisitions and start-up plans in accordance with the finalized business requirements. Incumbent will manage and oversee relationships and project activity related to payroll and feedback file processes during the conversion between clients, IT technical teams, IT Project Management teams and other business teams. Gather, analyze and document business requirements from client, payroll vendor, and internal resources for duration of each implementation.
- Gather, analyze and document business requirements from client, payroll vendor, and internal resources for duration of each implementation.
- Establish and facilitate weekly payroll implementation calls with the client, payroll vendors, client consultant, and internal Empower teams.
- Attend initial and on-going client meetings to learn plan provisions and discuss systems capabilities and constraints
- Establish payroll timeline and coordinate with Conversion Consultant with respect to overall project timeline.
- Actively manage resources, timelines and expectations with client, payroll vendor, and project teams to coordinate testing and implementation of accurate payroll process resulting in synergy between plan provisions, data conversion, payroll implementation, and ongoing payroll processes.
- Collaborate with IT resources in discovery phase to identify new programming requirements as early in the process as possible.
- Escalate all payroll-related dependencies that could impact timelines for business or IT resources.
- Write business specifications to facilitate new IT development of payroll edits and custom feedback files.
- Analyze technical payroll set-up requirements and finalize payroll file layout for each client.
- Set up payroll formats, transmissions and related reporting requirements on systems.
- Coordinate with IT to establish connectivity for receiving payroll information and sending feedback information.
- Work with IT to make any adjustments to specifications and programs based on test results.
- Coordinate with Cash Receipts Specialist to provide necessary support to process initial production payroll, resulting in confirmation that production processes for payroll and feedback files are established and working as expected.
- Coordinate with IT to monitor automated processes and verify IT set-up in production.
- Produce payroll manual to document ongoing procedures; communicate said procedures to appropriate Empower teams.
- Participate in special projects assigned by manager.
- Assist Sales with responses to RFPs and attend sales meetings as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- FINRA 6 permitted, but not required. Corporate-established timelines apply to permitted registrations.
- FINRA fingerprinting required.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience working with payroll recordkeeping software and knowledge of defined contribution plans preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Payroll systems preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of any word processing, spreadsheet or database applications required for the job.
- Demonstrated understanding of the financial industry.
- High level of autonomy and degree of decision making.
- Develops working relationships with peers and management.
- Interacts with a wide audience, including internal and external clients.
- Increased exposure to Mega Plan and Custom set ups and processes.