At Western Metals Recycling (WMR) the opportunity is YOURS! We have achieved years of success by giving our teammates the tools they need to do the best job. Do you have what it takes to help shape the future? Working at WMR is definitely for you if:
- You want a career and not just a job
- You want to work for an awesome company where you can make a difference
- You have positive, can-do attitude
- You are motivated and take initiative
We are committed to building great teams, offering competitive compensation, and allowing for a healthy work-life balance, because our teammates are our most valuable asset. Whether you work in a recycling facility or at our corporate headquarters, WMR is a place where you can come for a job, but stay for a career.
WMR is the Intermountain West's largest scrap metal recycler with recycling facilities located in Colorado, Nevada and Utah. Our processing capabilities include automobile shredders, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, extensive transportation services, and railcar dismantling. WMR is a proud part of Nucor Corporation and a wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph Company which has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as good community citizens who are trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
- Follow all safety practices including proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Obtains required information from customers for all transactions, completes required purchasing and shipping documents, and conducts daily reconciliations.
- Reviews all documents to ensure regulatory and company requirements are met.
- Coordinate shipments (rail and truck), maintain safety records.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- 2 years of cash handling and direct customer service experience in a fast-paced environment.
- High School diploma; college degree preferred.
- Basic math, account reconciliation, computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with customers.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Flexible to work off hours, weekends and holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Basic computer knowledge for work related purposes.
- Monday –Friday, with rotating Saturdays.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including paid training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.
Western Metals Recycling (WMR) is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
WMR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. WMR hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
WMR reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and teammates.
WMR also provides a work environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all teammates and applicants.
E-Verify Information | E-Verify Notice