Responsible for technical leadership in the design, deployment and support of software solutions that provide valuable operational visibility to a multitude of platforms supporting the delivery of video programs and services. Works on solving complex problems and deploying complex solutions that bring situational awareness to the systems within the Video Operations space. You will be a subject matter expert for the solutions and systems our team develops.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set project and task priorities, create solutions to complex problems, assign work and deliverables to junior engineers, translate technical to non-technical, ensure you meet team deliverables, and provide mentoring and development opportunities to junior staff.
- Design and deploy solutions that bring operational awareness and performance management visibility to unique platforms within the Video Operations space.
- Build and deploy front end dashboards that are intuitive and easy to understand by platform owners, using various source data options and complex data management analytics
- Quickly understand unique and complex platform architectures, identify available data criteria, and translate into actionable performance metrics that platform owners can act upon
- Work closely with internal customers on requirement gathering and clarification to identify opportunities to introduce additional performance visibility to stakeholders
- Maintain and support the existing tool catalog – prioritize and scope features and new products based on customer input and technical direction
- Identify, prioritize and reduce technical debt while meeting tool development deliverables
- Participate in code reviews & architecture discussions
- Influence infrastructure, deployment, and development environment decisions to best support the team
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years of network or software engineering experience
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience creating solutions for operational tools and dashboards in the OSS/BSS space, or in platform or network management.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven ability to digest complex asks and provide technical and software solutions to measure and report on real-time performance.
- Experience in designing solutions that improve operational and situational awareness. (Dashboards, websites, data processing, translations, user interfaces, big data)
- Expertise with code repositories, development frameworks, programming languages such as Ruby, Go and Python.
- Expertise with database development and use (Mongo, Postgress, Hadoop, etc.)
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi tasks and quickly pivot to changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action with sustainable solutions
- Proven examples of developing solutions or dashboards that assist in performance management in the video space
- Special consideration if experience is within the video delivery ecosystem. (i.e. encoding, encryption, transport, packaging, VOD, SDV, OSS, etc.)
- Technical understanding of linear and IP video delivery systems
- Understanding of dashboards and machine learning technologies
- Experience in automating video deployment systems