The Technical Instructor (TI) will facilitate technical training classes provided through online and virtual delivery one weekday per week from 6 pm – 8pm for 4 weeks, followed by a 2-week window for students to pass the CompTIA Security Plus industry certification exam. The TI should be someone who has a passion for training and support others from diverse socio-economic backgrounds. This includes modeling professionalism, empathy, and compassion for all learners and colleagues. The TI reports directly to the Outreach and Engagement Manager.
About Colorado State University Global:
Our Mission: Colorado State University Global is committed to advancing student success in a global society, investing in human capital, expanding the state economy, and enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the state of Colorado and beyond by providing access to dynamic degree programs characterized by academic excellence, innovative delivery technologies, and strong stakeholder engagement. Our Vision: CSU Global Campus is the premier provider of innovative, higher learning opportunities for nontraditional students in Colorado and beyond.
Colorado State University Global (CSU Global) was created by the Colorado State University System Board of Governors in 2007 as the first 100 percent online state university in the United States. CSU Global is focused on facilitating adult success in a global marketplace through career-relevant education including bachelor's degree completion and master's degree programs. Embracing the land grant heritage as part of the Colorado State University System, CSU Global sets the standard for quality and innovation in higher education through its expert faculty trained in working with adults in an online learning environment, and through its dedication to student retention, graduation and workplace success. CSU Global's student focus requires employees to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
Job Duties/Performance Objectives:
- Deliver quality video-based instruction for technology expertise and CompTIA Security Plus exam readiness
- Provide tutoring and grading services
- Provide tutoring and grading services
- Inform stakeholders of all student learners progress on a weekly basis
- Provide responsive service to every learner and colleague
- Prepare lesson plans to ensure learners progression with materials provide through the online Classroom
- Desire to excel in training.
- Continued interest in keeping current with the latest industry trends and professional certifications
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Working and training knowledge in technology areas including but not limited to installation and configuration of systems to secure applications, networks, and devices; performing threat analysis and responding with appropriate mitigation techniques; participation in risk mitigation activities; and operation with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations• Industry certification in CompTIA Security Plus earned within the last 3 years• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain concepts in a simple manner• Experience teaching experience in a classroom setting or corporate training to end-users
- Technology experience: 5 years (Required)• Training/teaching: 1 year (Required)
Application Instructions: Applications will be accepted until an appointment is made. Applications must include: resume; cover letter addressing interest and qualifications; names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for three references. Applications will be held in confidence except for the individuals invited for campus interviews. All applications should be in Microsoft Word format. All applicants are required to complete a Conflict of Interest Disclosure and Conflict of Commitment Disclosure at the time of hire and on an ongoing basis.
Performance Assessment: Performance assessments are required to help determine the candidate's ability to perform the duties of the job. The performance assessment will test the candidate's ability to apply the skills and competencies listed above.
Pay: $550.00 per student
- 401k contribution; average 3 hours per week per student
- Exam prep support. Employment is considered part time/temporary. Background and reference checks are required of all appointed candidates.
EEO: Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.