LSRT- Medical Assistant - Urgent Care
OnPoint Medical Group is searching for an outstanding LSRT to join our urgent care team! Come join a great group of medical professionals as our network continues to grow!
OnPoint Urgent Care has 5 locations: Aurora, Centennial, Lone Tree, Highlands Ranch, and Castle Pines.
OnPoint Medical Group is a physician-led network of skilled Primary and Urgent care providers who are committed to expanding access to quality healthcare in the most effective and affordable manner possible.
Our “Circle of Care“ has one primary goal – to ensure the health and wellness of members and their families. We do this by providing access to a comprehensive menu of medical services from one unified physician group in their neighborhoods. With doctors, nurses, specialists, labs and medical records all interlinked and coordinated, patient care has never been in better hands.
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: Orient and train LSRT/MA externs and newly hired LSRT/MA techs.
General Summary: Responsible for providing patient care including all medical assistant duties as well as performing X-rays. These duties include, but are not limited to, assisting the provider with exams, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care and performing phlebotomy, injections, ear lavage, EKG, medication administration, triage, vitals, splinting, urine drug testing and strep testing.
1. Obtain patient chief complaint and vital signs prior to them being seen by a provider.
2. Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
3. Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies in patient care areas is maintained.
4. Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations, procedures, and treatments.
5. Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
6. Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential in adherence with HIPAA guidelines.
7. Perform lab test, EKGs, X-Ray’s, and other functions as directed by the provider on duty.
8. Orient and train incoming LSRT/MA techs on patient care duties and X-ray completion.
9. Maintain organization and cleanliness of the entire center.
10. Responsible for making sure all rooms are stocked and clean
11. Maintain daily quality control functions including X-ray, drug counts, lab testing and equipment.
12. Attend all staff and any other meetings required by your managers.
13. Responsible for X-rays to be sent for daily over read.
Example of Day-to-Day Responsibilities (accomplishes directly or through delegation)
1. Contact the Assistant Clinical Manager or Clinic Manager for inoperable X-ray or medical equipment.
2. Ensure that the over reads are sent daily.
3. Train new LSRT on the use of the X-ray and PACS equipment.
4. Ensure customer flow and satisfaction is optimized.
5. Assure all back office and X-ray systems are functioning properly.
Education: LSRT certification and Medical Assistant training.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in similar job function.
Other Requirements: BLS certification
1. Knowledge of the principles and practices of radiography and medical assisting.
1. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, and discretion.
2. Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
3. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
4. Skill in organizing work, delegating and achieving goals and objectives.
5. Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in interpreting and implementing departmental policies and procedures.
1. Ability to prioritize.
2. Ability to evaluate and make recommendations for continuous quality improvement.
3. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers and telephones. X-ray and PACS equipment and basic clinical equipment such as the IStat, oxygen tanks, EKG machine and nebulizer equipment.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lighted clinical environment. Evening and weekend work will be necessary as required to facilitate uninterrupted operations of the practice.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves sitting approximately 20 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.
- Health insurance plan options for you and your dependents
- Dental, and Vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Company Paid life insurance
- Voluntary options for short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- AFLAC Plans
- FSA options
- Eligible for 401(k) after 6 months of employment with a 4% match that vests immediately
- Paid Time-Off earned
Salary: $28 - $32 / hour
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.
OnPoint Medical Group is an EEO Employer.