Looking to make a real difference?
You belong right here.
Come build a rewarding career helping others achieve their financial dream at an organization that values your own long-term success. With your unique talents, you have what it takes to be bold and brilliant in everything you do and reach new heights for a company dedicated to diversity and inclusion, community and you.
If you share that belief, this is where you belong.
Join our team of nearly 6,000 associates across 40 different locations worldwide and start your future today.
The Lead Technical Support, under general guidance, services as a mentor and resource for Tier I and Tier II associates. The Lead Technical Support will be responsible for tracking, analyzing, and reporting performance metrics of the technical support team. They will also be responsible handling escalations from the Tier I and Tier II associates as well as items that come from leadership. The lead will also train and mentor staff on policies, procedures, and department and company standards. This role will provide ongoing performance and development input to manager of the team
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for tracking, analyzing, trending, and reporting on department performance metric including but not limited to call time, ticket response time, and call trends
- Professionally and accurately responds to escalated and most complex phone and/or email inquiries from internal and external clients regarding complex IT questions, issues, problems, and status changes. This will include telephone, chat, e-mail and drop-in face-to-face interactions when needed
- Responsible for completing installs, configuration, and upgrades to PC hardware, software, and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards when needed
- Performs complex installations and maintenance for end-users as needed
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex end user LAN/WAN/Internet connectivity issues according to company policy.
- Maintains user account information including security and network access according to systems standards and company policy.
- Develops, maintains and/or delivers related workstation training (in-person, standard resource, etc) to end-users
- Train, coach and mentor technical support team on policies, procedures, and department and company standards, will also provide guidance on performance and career development. Oversee staff activities.
- Quickly and accurately resolves inquiries in professional, sensitive, customer-focused manner in accordance with policies and procedures
- Interfaces with other technology team members, as well as internal and external resources to furnish or obtain needed information to close cases not escalated.
- Discerns opportunities to improve knowledge base and informs senior associates or manager
- Meet or exceed all individual call and transaction performance measures.
- Commitment to the protection of privacy for all associate data.
- Maintains high degree of confidentiality.
- Re prioritize tasks to meet fluctuating workflow.
- BS or BA degree in computer science or related field preferred but not required
OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess practical work experience equivalent to 3+ years in support services experience in IT Help Desk and/or Desktop Support preferred but not required
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Effective at gathering and synthesizing information from multiple parties
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and highly personal information on a daily basis and maintain confidentiality in a mature and non-judgmental manner
- Self-starter who quickly learns new business processes, systems and tools
- Ability to make decisions related to production support processes and changes as necessary in order to meet the needs of our customers in a timely manner.
- Customer Focus:
- Delivers internal and external customer service excellence. Exhibits listening, patience, empathy, authenticity, pro-activity, and perseverance with customers.
- Upholds commitment to delivering optimal solutions in a timely manner, and balances customer needs with the best interests of the organization. Maintains a positive approach despite challenges, constraints, and/or customer emotions.
- Builds Partnerships:
- Builds collaborative and cooperative relationships
- Effectively manages conflict, finding common ground and building trust with co-workers, managers, partners, and customers through demonstration of inclusiveness and appreciation for diverse backgrounds, cultures, thoughts and experiences
- Operates with integrity and communicates respectfully in language, writing, and actions.
- Shows interest in and supports the success of others, providing encouragement and celebrating wins.
- Addresses conflict openly and respectfully, through proper channels.
- Adapting to Change:
- Is open to, acknowledges, manages emotions, and adjusts to changing events and priorities.
- Displays a positive approach in the face of ambiguity, change, or lack of resources.
- Is flexible to take on different responsibilities, learn new technology, and follow new processes.
- Focuses energy and actions on determining possibilities rather than on lamenting losses.
- Resolves most questions and problems independently; refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Is empowered and expected to reach out to internal customers when required to solve system issues.
- Is empowered and expected to lend knowledge and expertise to troubleshoot complex issues in cooperation with colleagues.