Whether it's unlocking the potential of digital content, powering breakthrough innovations, creating entertainment that enriches lives, or keeping nations secure, Quantum works with customers and partners to make the world a happier, safer and smarter place.
Applies thorough knowledge of forward and reverse material planning to maintain 98% availability of global spares stocking using sales data, fail rates and stocking strategies. Will work with internal and external teams and sites to prioritize to business needs adjusting stocking strategies as needed. Ability to actively drive improved customer service and reduced cost and inventory through deep data analytics and the use of material planning software tools.
- Ensure spares availability is 98% to demand and 100% to plan
- Inventory utilization is optimized, reducing total inventory by 10% YOY
- Work with internal teams to ensure repair business needs are understood and met. Will also work cross functionally to meet external inventory objectives.
- Review hub stocking levels and action what parts need to be prioritized through repair sites and or purchased due to increase demand or install base.
- Work with Fresh lot external suppliers, planners, and order admins to procure additional items as needed and prioritize as needed.
- Communicate with repair sites and or suppliers regularly on priorities and expected ship dates.
- Responsible for reviewing and providing input on engineering change orders.
- Coordinates the transfer of materials between the warehouse and production factoring capacity, costs and need.
- Responsible for master data set up and maintenance to ensure internal database is correct for all users.
- Works with Operations Leadership to develop the annual operating plan for the business unit.
- Properly plan and schedule new products to ensure adequate inventory coverage and monitor phased out products to minimize obsolescence.
- Reconciles WIP inventory and performs reconciliations as needed to maintain data accuracy.
- Provide analysis and recommend corrective action on any inventory variances.
- 10 Years of experience in a fulfillment planner / materials role.
- Strong knowledge of and experience using Baxter Planning software.
- Experience tools and methods to improve service parts availability through predictive and prescriptive data analytics
- Able to understand install base and fail rates to plan future demand short and long term.
- Must have the ability to analyze repair activity to identify issues impacting business needs.
- Work with engineering to maintain FRU bills of material, identify where no BOM's exist and work to resolve.
- Must have the ability to effectively interface with peers, management, customers and stakeholders through well written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret trends to assist in the forecasting of inventory and demand levels.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with cross functional team members.
- Expert knowledge of Excel and ability to use Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle 12 (Inventory User, OM, PO Buyer and Discover Reports).