The Software Engineer III will provide design, development and test support for new software projects as well as responsibility for general maintenance and troubleshooting activities for IT/Data Engineering and Software Development projects. They will play a role in helping adopt new technologies, and developing new platforms. They must have strong relational skills and be able to effectively communicate technical and non-technical ideas, written and verbal, to individuals and large groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Perform standard software development tasks associated with the design and development of new applications or maintenance of existing applications using Microsoft .NET and using C# as the primary development language which may include analysis, design, prototyping, coding, testing, training, and documentation.
- Perform database design as well as modifications necessary to correct database defects
- Test and validate functionality within and between applications, which could include integration, performance, and/or systems testing
- Provide maintenance support on production applications. Maintain availability for after-hours production support on an as-needed basis
- Participate in application documentation, training and deployment efforts
- Participate in selection of tools, technology platforms & technical evaluation of 3rd party vendor products
- Provide recommendations for improving processes and procedures, and may function as an escalation point and/or training resource for less experienced programmers
- Ensure applications meet design specifications, adhere to standard coding practices and function per the requirements specification
- Communicate with project manager, technical team lead, team members and business groups on issues and the status of work planned and completed
- Provide guidance to others by reviewing work and providing recommendations for design, coding or testing approach, which could include conducting or participating in code walkthroughs or other methods to ensure code quality
- Function as a technical lead for large applications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations. Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from an operational and technical perspective. Ability to work independently and engage manager as needed.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Firm understanding of application development methodologies and object oriented principles.
- Must be able to manage changes to requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Ability to participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents.
- Strong leadership, project management, time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent certification or experience.
- 8+ years of application development and integration experience using .NET technologies (C#.NET, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, Web API).
- Experience with SQL Server 2012/2016 including TSQL and stored procedures.
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development.
- AWS experience is a plus
- NoSQL experience is a plus
- Cable billing system knowledge a big plus.
Fundamental knowledge of standard desktop business applications and tools.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- regularly required to talk and hear
- required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- required to use close vision and be able to focus
WOW! is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer