Requisition Number: DISTR03189
Position Title: District Manager – Fiber Engineering - 8E
Responsible for the day-to-day activities of the fiber engineering teams within an assigned geographic area. These area-based teams all perform their duties within the service territory and focus on designing, implementing, and maintaining fiber networks and services that are consistent with all defined standard operating processes and procedures. The position will work with all cross-functional areas on improving the quality of processes, deliverables and the end-to-end customer experience. Common activities will involve area data identification, collection, analysis, and reporting; along with understanding operational business functions and processes. Each fiber engineering team is expected to maintain open communication across all areas of the business and work as a unit with consistency while designing, implementing, and maintaining services; cognizant of fostering the vision and values of Crown Castle. This position is accountable for delivering key KPIs for their area of responsibility including but not limited to OpEx spend, MTTR, % On-Time Install, fiber complete for small cell, and installed enterprise revenue.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the leaders for the district’s fiber design teams. Working where applicable with the Regional Director to help define and execute the district strategy as well as KPIs
- Track and forecast operations Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of deliverables and supporting workflows in order to measure operational performance, as well as, identify and assess areas of opportunity for improved process efficiencies and performance.
- Interface with and focus on the strategic growth and development of the district in partnership with the district sales leadership; and foster an environment focused on continued network growth and expansion.
- This position will also monitor and analyze quality metrics across people, network deployments, process, and technology, as well as participate in recommending and implementing changes based upon results.
- Lead teams of Managers, Fiber Engineers and Planners in support of the District’s network design, implementation and maintenance.
- Maintain quality service by understanding and enforcing organization standards
- Build company image by collaborating with customers and employees; enforcing ethical business practices
- Track organizational priorities, organize meetings and track action items and create reports, presentations, and other activities as dictated by the business
- Develop and coach both direct employees, as well as ensuring similar opportunities through-out the team. Identify training gaps and create a career path for team members.
- Overall responsibilities for fiber asset management associated with the implementation and maintenance of fiber networks and services
- Develop district level long range network plan to support future growth
- Partner with utility and municipal providers to streamline permit application, process, and initiatives such as the FCC’s One Touch Make-Ready program.
- Work jointly with the leadership from the NOC, Construction, Field Operations, and Change management teams.
- Establish, monitor, and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of deliverables and supporting workflows in order to measure operational performance, as well as, identify and assess areas of opportunity for improved process efficiencies and performance
- Maintain knowledge of technology in use, and/or under development for its impact or potential impact on the operational business process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or related field
- Master Degree with preference to Civil, Construction, Electrical Engineering, or Business.
- Minimum five (5) years of telecommunications experience or equivalent work experience required
- Proven expert on Outside Plant (OSP) and Inside Plant (ISP) fiber installation standards and practices
- Experience with GIS mapping and design tools
- Working knowledge of fiber construction standards (aerial and underground)
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards preferred
- Experience with Six Sigma, Lean Principles and/or PMP a plus but not required
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to lead geographically distributed team who are managing multiple projects and tasks across several areas within the district
- Must have strong cross-functional collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to successfully influence other business functions and engineering teams, including executive management
- The ideal candidate will possess both an expertise in reporting as well as an understanding of workflows, customer needs, and underlying technology
- The candidate must have strong analytical skills and proven ability in determining the root cause of problems and the base set of conditions for their occurrence. He/she must exhibit the ability to assess the priority and severity of issues by understanding business objectives, technical costs, and user needs as well as weigh alternatives for resolution. Curiosity, initiative, and drive, along with the ability to quickly learn new technology, and a willingness to think strategically and tactically will be critical to success in this position.
- Ability to diagnose work flow problems and institute remedies.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced customer focused environment handling multiple priorities at a time, delivering quality service to diverse user groups and customers
- The individual must possess and employ the highest ethical and business standards and always conduct himself/herself with the greatest degree of professional integrity.
Reports to: Regional Director Engineering or Vice President, Engineering and Operations
Title(s) of direct reports includes but not limited to: Operations Coordinator, Manager/Supervisor of Engineering, Manager/Supervisor of Construction, Manager/Supervisor of Field Operations
Salary Band: 8E
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Travel required when necessary. Could be required to travel to project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and environmental conditions as needed.
Additional Information: N/A