JOB SUMMARY (the purpose and general nature of the job):
Safely and effectively setup and operate Cylindrical Grinders, manufacturing precision hardware from blueprints.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to, the following:
- Complete all setups and efficiently run moderate to very complex parts on manual and CNC Cylindrical Grinders following detailed setup instructions.
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to meet critical engineering specifications as shown on engineering prints.
- Must be capable of interpreting complex engineering drawings.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify processes improvements and incorporate necessary changes.
- Must be capable of developing well documented setup sheets, and other associated documentation necessary for efficient manufacturing of parts.
- Communicate with Manufacturing Management Staff and Machinists for shift change over and process requirements.
- Perform routine PM on machines (I.E. grease, oil, coolant, filters).
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience setting up and operating manual and CNC Cylindrical Grinders, grinding various types of materials.
- Strong math skills.
- Display strong communication skills and be capable of working from verbal and/or written instructions with minimum supervision.
- The individual must perform his/her duties in conjunction with EHS personnel, in such a manner that neither he nor others are jeopardized in regards to safety.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Individual must be capable of occasionally lifting 50lbs and standing for extended periods of time and capable of climbing stairs.
- Required use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including eye protection, hearing protection, hand and foot protection or other specific PPE as required.
- Work with or around various oils, coolants and other common machine shop chemicals.
- Must be able to speak English and work in team environment.
This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions and skills needed. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions. Stolle Machinery Co, LLC retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Additionally, Stolle Machinery Co, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.