DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Training Center Ambassador reports to the Manager of Training and is responsible for the total Technician “training experience“ while at our In Home Services Training Facilities. The Training Ambassador's primary role is to organize and streamline processes to facilitate a positive and productive training environment. Regular responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Request/Receive/Audit/Reconcile equipment and inventory
- Confirm and manage travel itineraries of trainees by partnering with Ops/Recruiting/Travel
- Provide a high level of customer service to all trainees and staff
- Coordinate on-site meals for Trainees
- Correspond with Ops partners regarding the progress of their technicians
- Provide direction to trainees regarding company guidelines
- First point of contact for trainee issues
- Support regional training team to ensure proper class preparation including:
- Class materials ordering/receiving
- Course schedule optimization
- Hands-on equipment management
- Learning Management System administration
- Facility management
- Other duties as assigned
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to generate an excellent trainee experience
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment, and quickly adapt to change
- Excellent written, verbal, and hospitality skills
- Ability to proactively identify, own, and resolve training center issues
- Self-directed and able to complete tasks to a high degree of professionalism with minimal supervision
- Willing to follow instructions, ask clarifying questions, and get results
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely to large groups
- Supportive of other team members and training center attendees
- Job may require lifting items up to 40 lbs