Job ID#: 26343BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Avionics Engineering Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS' expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Avionics Engineering Manager working on small satellite systems to join our team
located in Englewood, CO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement current, annual and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for the on-board data handling engineering team.
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by directing and participating in the planning, selection, retention, and development of staff as well as the selection, training and implementation of engineering tools.
- Oversee and participate in the detailed design, development, analysis, production, and test of satellite electrical subsystems for both product development and flight program execution.
- Work directly with customers and suppliers, internal and external, to develop and define electronic subsystem requirements.
- Actively participate in system level design of satellite systems across all project phases, through subsystem architectural design, software architectural design and hardware development.
- Support mission, system and operational concept development for satellite missions.
- Ensure an accurate and up-to-date document set for electronic products.
- Apply technical knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve engineering problems.
- Identify engineering issues and provide leadership in developing solutions.
- Prepare technical responses to bids, presentation materials and reports, for a variety of applications and customers.
- Lead and actively participate in customer and supplier meetings and presentations at all project stages.
- Liaise with customer and supplier staff, and staff from other parts of GA.
- Participate in technology roadmap development.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering or a related technical field as well as eleven or more years of progressively complex engineering experience with at least five of those years having management responsibilities. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Experience in managing a team in the research, development, test and evaluation of satellite electrical subsystems is highly desired.
- Extensive experience handling and testing satellite flight hardware, including a demonstrated ability to test and troubleshoot electronic systems down to Printed Circuit Board (PCB) level.
- Experience with all aspects of the satellite system life cycle, including spacecraft level environmental testing, launch, and operations, desired.
- Experience of one or more of the following is essential: microprocessors, embedded operating systems, communication buses, low-level drivers.
- Experience in digital design and circuit design (PADs, schematic and PCB layout)
- Experience leading design teams in FPGA (VHDL), Software Architecture, Software Development (Agile) (C/C++/Python/Windows/Linux)
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Ability to work both independently and within a multidisciplinary team environment is required.
- Must possess the ability to resolve complex management and technical problems.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and workloads.
- US citizenship is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret