Machining Maintenance Technician
INNOVATION IS IMAGINING WHAT NOONE ELSE CAN.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR EXCELLENCE.
Everything starts with passion at the BMW Group. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and to bring innovative ideas onto the roads. Enthusiasm for joint projects turns a team into a strong unit where every opinion is valued. It is only when expertise, highly professional processes and enjoyment of work are united that we can shape the future together. Whatever your heart’s desire – in the BMW Group, you will find a wide range of departments and disciplines across the world where you can share your professional passion with us.
WHAT AWAITS YOU?
- As the Machining Maintenance Technician your main responsibilities will include ensuring the effective technical use of a variety of maintenance principles ensuring the efficiency and technical availability of the automated manufacturing machines (CNC multi axis machines) is continuously maintained. You will be expected to provide hands on technical support to resolve any quality, efficiency and complex problems. You will need to work with highly accurate machines to achieve micron tolerances.
- You will be responsible for demonstrating competence in fault finding on Electrical systems, interrogate electrical schematics and cable references. You will also demonstrate mechanical understanding for fault diagnosis, set up and referencing and understanding of gauge systems and their maintenance.
- You will ensure customer quality and reduced equipment downtime by proactively identifying potential malfunctions before they occur and remedying them. Your aim will be to minimise impact on production demand and manage and reduce all non-conforming materials.
- You will identify and rectify any fault occurrences with machinery, equipment and processes in the area in a reactive manner to ensure all problem resolution activities are completed in a timely manner with minimal impact ensuring maintenance and facility target achievement.
- Use Health and Safety systems and equipment to record breakdowns, complete material searching and warranty returns process.
- Qualified to NVQ 3 or equivalent in an electrical discipline.
- Minimum of Technical apprenticeship in an Electrical or Electrical and Mechanical discipline.
- Ideally experienced in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Basic Mechanical knowledge and preferable knowledge with high volume production machinery.
- A familiarity with Machinery, Technical / Electrical / Mechanical systems as well as PSS and SAP data recording is preferable.
If you are a flexible self-motivator with an honest and reliable nature please apply today!
We are advertising this role on a rolling recruitment basis so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Join us and you’ll enjoy an exceptional range of benefits including immediate opportunity to purchase/lease a BMW or MINI at special reduced rate or part of your benefits package, the ability to progress and shape your career across the BMW network, pension scheme, generous holiday allowance, work-life balance and family- friendly policies, subsidised canteen, ample onsite parking and of course you’ll be working for the world’s leading manufacturer of premium automobiles and motorcycles and provider of premium financial and mobility services.