Sales Lead Full Time - Encinitas
Who We Are:
Born in sunny San Diego, Blenders Eyewear was forged from fun. It all started in a crowded California club in 2012, when founder Chase was inspired by a simple set of off-brand shades and a dope DJ set. What began as a night with close friends and good tunes turned into a full-blown passion for sunglasses and a belief that great style didn’t have to come with a big price tag.
At Blenders, we design Sun, Snow, and Prescription eyewear with the understanding that compromise is overrated. Every creation is equal parts stylish, performance-driven, and price-friendly—no exceptions. We craft gear for those who lust for life’s adventure and believe it’s better to “Blend Out” than blend in. So if you’ve always felt the day sounds better when you press ‘Play’ on your passions; that hard work is the hook that makes life’s song work; and that great things really can be born from a good time, you should hit us with your credentials. Because like us, it sounds like you’re here to change the game, not just play it.
The Future Is Bright at Blenders… are you ready to Live Forward together? We’re searching for a Sales Lead—let us know you have what it takes below!
About the Role:
Reporting to the Retail Store Manager, the Retail Sales Lead, AKA Shade Captain, is a true role model for the Shade Specialists on the retail floor, helping to create and maintain the highest level of service to our customers. You are excited by the opportunity of opening someone’s potential, and coaching others comes naturally; you take an active role in training the team on engaging customers and delivering an unforgettable brand experience.
The Retail Sales Leader spends the majority of their time on the sales floor; coaching, training and developing the team in sales, customer service, and product knowledge through the Blenders Eyewear vision.
- You support in new hire training, focusing on product knowledge and selling and service tools and techniques
- You provide training and, in the moment, coaching and feedback in order to encourage growth
- You seek to continuously evolve and elevate the in-store customer experience, in partnership with the store leadership and brand partners
- You support with additional projects that build the employee experience
- Ensuring the team is up to date on all training and service guidelines
- Positively communicating store and company policies and strategies
- Update the team on sales, KPIs, targets, and the status of goals on a regular basis
- Partner with ASM and SM to ensure there are smooth operations in the store and everyone is working towards common goals
- Interacting with customers on the retail floor, providing product knowledge and exceptional customer experience to each individual
- Opening and closing the store as required and providing leadership to the team
Why You’re Right for this Role:
- You have (1+) years of retail sale leadership experience
- You are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service to team members and customers
- You have outstanding oral and written communication
- You are self-motivated, and enjoy problem solving
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including, evenings, holidays and weekend shifts.
This is a part-time role and reporting directly to the Retail Store Manager. Must be able to work flexible hours Monday through Sunday (10:00AM-7:00PM).
Besides working in sunny Encinitas with some of the coolest people you will ever meet, Blenders also offers:
- Blenders is growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities for learning and growth ahead.
- You’ll receive free shades and 50% off any additional products.
- Competitive Pay + Monthly Bonuses
- Health Insurance
- Free Dental, Life, Vision Insurance
- Fun Work Environment
- The actual hourly offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses or commissions.
- And More..
Blenders Eyewear is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Blenders Eyewear is committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided upon on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.