Fortune Magazine lists Scripps Health No. 4 on its Top 40 Health Care System list in April 2020 and is the only San Diego health care system to make the list.
Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas has served North County's coast communities since 1978. The Medical Acute unit is a busy, high functioning unit where we put our patient first. Provide optimal patient care while caring for each other is the culture of the unit.
So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join our Medical Acute team as a Supervisor of Patient Care where you will:
- Ensure nursing practice reflects established standards of care and practice and a culture that promotes patient safety.
- Share leadership responsibilities for the Medical Acute nursing unit, including: managing daily staffing plans, ensuring appropriate and timely use of bed placement technology and adhering to care processes for bed placement/patient transfer/patient transport/room cleaning and patient discharge.
- Ensure the safe transition of patients thru the continuum of care to include active participation of nursing staff in planning and coordinating total patient care, and direct hand-off to next appropriate level of care.
This is a full-time, exempt night shift position located in Encinitas.
- Two(2) years applicable clinical RN acute care experience
- One(1) year leadership experience (i.e. charge RN)
- CurrentCalifornia RN license
- CurrentAmerican Heart Association BLS for Healthcare
- Excellentskills in communication, problem-solving, team development, planning andfollow-through
- Abilityto exercise the authority and responsibility for assigned services based on thescope of the organization and complexity of patient care
- OtherCertifications: CMSRN, NIHHS Stroke Certification, ACLS