At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join a winning team supporting the Family Practice department at Scripps Clinic Encinitas as a Patient Service Representative. Working together, you’ll bring your expertise, compassion, and excellence to all we do. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy providing world class customer service. The primary duties of this role will include answering phones, scheduling appointments, verifying and updating patient information, working referral work queues, and providing other customer service.
Patient Service Representative responsibilities may include:
- Interacting with patients, payers and providers to gather information for accurate registration including assigning of Medical Record Number, scheduling, referral/authorization, point of service payment collection, document collection and arrival/check-in functions.
- Responding to customer billing and payment inquires.
- Effectively managing the patient check-in and check-out process from start to finish, which includes identification verification; updating or confirming demographic and insurance information on every patient; ensuring appropriate forms are provided, signed and witnessed at the time of the patient visit; collecting patient payment responsibility and accurately preparing end of day reporting or payment reconciliation as needed.
- Escalating billing inquiries as needed.
- Accurately scheduling patient appointments. Successful scheduling includes, but not limited to, exhibiting proficiency in appointment scheduling procedures, accurate documentation and routing of messages, scheduling and confirming appointments according to practice guidelines, entering appropriate insurance, performing Key User duties with minimal errors.
- Initiating and validating referrals/authorizations.
- Having a proactive approach to customer service by listening to the patient, taking ownership of solutions and being able to accurately identify the need to involve leadership in order to resolve concerns.
This is a Casual (per diem, non-benefitted), Day Shift position with a varied schedule (weekend availability needed), located at Scripps Clinic Encinitas.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of computer applications, excellent mathematical skills and ability to handle monies.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; innovative with ability to identify and solve problems.
- 1 year of experience in a customer service or healthcare/medical office environment preferred.
- Able to adapt, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, commercial and government health insurance and billing guidelines, ACA requirements, understanding of DRG's, Medical ICD9/ICD10 codes and CPT/HCPC Codes and Modifiers.