At Scripps Health, you willexperience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized asone of the nations Top 100 Places to Work.
Youll be surrounded by peoplecommitted to making a difference in the lives of their patients and theirteammates. So if youre open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join Our Float Pool Team of Patient Care Assistants where you willprovide excellent service to patients as a key member of the clinical careteam. Assists patients with personal needs and activities of daily living,collects data, and ensures the patient has a safe, organized environment.Assists with patient care within the scope permitted and under the direction ofa clinician. Supports the unit with a variety of patient logistic, clerical,equipment/supply, and charge reconciliation duties.
The ideal candidate will be someonewho is eager to gain exposure to up to 7 different departments in a float poolenvironment. Here you will have a unique opportunity to work with individualsin different department atmospheres with differing patient populations. Patientratios range from 7:1 to 8:1. Primary assigned tasks will include working as asitter in patient care and working on the floor to assist patients withwalking, washing, and assorted needs while providing exceptional patient care.The Scripps culture promotes a positive work environment and highlycollaborative work ethic.
We are currently recruiting for FullTime and Part Time positions, working in the Scripps Memorial HospitalEncinitas, Float Pool. Work schedule will be varied days of the week includingweekends. DAY shifts are 6:30am 7pm and NIGHT shifts are 6:30pm 7am.
- One year of recent experience working under the license of a licensed healthcare provider OR current enrollment or completion of Nursing Assistant training from a recognized school OR current enrollment in an RN program with completion of the second semester, including nursing fundamentals.
- Must be able to speak, read and follow instruction in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a service aptitude.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care provider
- One (1) year of acute care experience
- Multiple patient care skills
- C.N.A. Certification