L&R Distributors is looking for a Buyer/Planner professional working with planning needs across all product lines, multiple warehouse and manufacturing locations for our SJ Creations team. Each member of the SJ Creations team is responsible to uphold their duties along with fostering an environment of teamwork. Teamwork has built the foundation for where SJ Creations is today, and it is our goal to maintain a positive, fun, and aspirational environment that will enable us to attain our goal of a balanced lifestyle.
LOCATION: Encinitas, CA (Onsite Schedule)
- Work with the Operations team and across departments to ensure timely and efficient manufacturing and shipment of goods to our customers.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and monitor component and finished good inventory needs in multiple locations against sales forecasts and/or customer purchase orders.
- Organize and manage project audits
- Establish and track project timelines working across departments to maintain on time status
- Create and manage purchase orders in ERP system
- Create and manage work orders in ERP system
- Work Independently to provide on-going analysis and interpretations of plans against post-project results
- Promote continuous process improvements
- Position may also include:
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and contract manufacturers for production understanding lead and transit times, production capacity, issue resolution
- Identify and cultivate new vendor partnerships
- Identify and cultivate sourcing components both import and domestic, including required testing
- Travel to meet with vendors / customers as needed
- Pack, load, carry, organize company products and/or samples both individual and in full carton formats. The ability to lift 25-50lbs cartons occasionally.
- SJ Creations works with bath and body products which may be in liquid, solid or powder form and include both common and unique ingredients. Additionally, products may container synthetic, natural and essential oil fragrances.
- Quality Work Performance:
- Strong analytical thinking with independent problem-solving skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to task at hand while managing time management
- Ability to take initiative on projects while actively leading and communicating progress to key players
- Excels working independently as well in team environments
- Highly organized and detail oriented. All work is completed with accuracy, attention to detail and consistency.
- Proactively takes on project details and leads throughout creating and maintaining on time performance
- Creatively applies job/program learnings as he/she moves forward
- Identifies and eliminates errors throughout the job process
- Core skills & Experience
- Prior supply chain experience preferred including:
- Buying experience including forecasting, ordering and execution from start to finish
- Production and inventory planning against forecasts and orders
- External vendor relationship management of buying through shipment
- Independent analysis of product performance
- Timeline Management while managing multiple projects
- Proficiency in:
- Microsoft Applications Word, Excel. PowerPoint, Outlook; One Drive
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) NetSuite is a plus