At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas has served North County’s coastal communities since 1978. The Advance Practice Nurse (APN) at Encinitas will be supporting the Medical Surgical and Telemetry units where our highly engaged nurses provide exceptional patient care in a compassionate, welcoming environment. The ideal candidate will thrive in a culture that is team-oriented and focused on quality care and patient experience while working independently.
The Advance Practice Nurse (APN) role assumes clinical leadership responsibilities for nursing and nursing practice. APNs are active in house-wide clinical program planning, projects and supports Value By Design. The primary focus of this position is the advancement of expert nursing practice, evaluates clinical practice for patient care and monitors the standards of practice. APNs provides the use of evidence-based resources, change and system theories to promote organizational improvements. Facilitates point of service decision making activities, including but not limited to education, research and performance improvement for their areas of expertise. This is a nursing leadership position which functions in the nursing (not medical) model to advance practice within a designated scope of responsibility.
This is a Salaried Full Time position supporting the M/S and Tele units at Scripps Memorial Encinitas.
Note: This is NOT a Nurse Practitioner role.
- Current CA RN license
- Master’s Degree
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS
- Two years full-time equivalent of experience as an RN
- Experience with coaching and developing clinical staff
- Clinical leadership experience
- 3-5 years experience in the specialty area
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification
- Behavioral Health experience
- National Board Certification through ANCC and/or equivalent in specialty area
- Masters in nursing
- Masters in related field acceptable with bachelors in nursing
- Doctorate in nursing such as DNP, PhD, DNSc. Will accept EdD and others upon review.
- Provide portfolio for the interview with examples of:
- Creative work such as articles submitted for publication, contributions to texts, papers written for nursing coursework, outlines for classes taught.
- Examples of performance improvement projects or evidence based practice change projects, evidence of leadership activities such as chairing a committee or output developed from activities submitted to a committee or task force.
- Prefer those with experience leading a project to measured outcomes.