ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
At Key, we have the opportunity to bring ease, value and expertise to our clients by helping them have confidence and the peace of mind to dream big. As a Lead Teller, you will report to the Branch Manager and perform the duties of a Teller.
The Lead Teller provides excellent client service by welcoming new and existing clients of the Bank and assisting them with account transactions and servicing needs. The Lead Teller acts as a resource in identifying and resolving client servicing issues, serves as primary troubleshooter for complex problems and client service needs and enhances client relationships with Key by providing distinctive quality service. In addition, the Lead Teller asks questions and listens to clients to uncover financial needs and transitions clients to a banker to further assist. The Lead Teller helps observe and provide coaching to Tellers to enhance the client experience and operational effectiveness, and is responsible for day to day Teller scheduling, staffing issues and branch compliance with regulatory, security, and internal audit controls.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The role of the Lead Teller is to perform the duties of a Teller, oversee daily Teller functions and scheduling, ensure that all branch operations are effective and compliance requirements are met, provide coaching to the branch Teller staff to meet client service objectives, and to assist platform staff with basic account opening and maintenance activities. Lead Tellers and all Branch team members are expected to act professionally at all times, conduct business ethically, avoid conflicts of interest and act in the best interest our clients and Key.
Teller Functions & Staffing
• Accept and accurately process all financial service transactions
• Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and follows proper balancing procedures
• Act as a resource to identify and resolve more complex client servicing issues
• Listen for clues for Financial Wellness opportunities during client conversations, and then appropriately transition the clients to a Banker
• Accountable for daily NSF review/weekly overdraft monitoring
• Assist with staffing and scheduling of the Tellers
• Seek out clients and educate them on alternative delivery channels
• Support the Branch Manager in onboarding and training of new Tellers to the team
Build Client Rapport
• Provide excellent client service to all KeyBank clients
• Where problem resolution is required, take thorough information from the client and get back to them in a timely manner
• Ensure a confident tone that reassures the client we will follow up with resolution
• Greet and welcome every client as they enter the branch; acknowledge by name, if known
• Assist clients in achieving their financial goals and objectives through the use of Financial Wellness tools
• Participate in client appreciation events
• Address client issues or concerns; engage branch management when needed to provide full solutions for clients
• Make product suggestions based on the client’s needs and refer to a member of the branch team
• Help create and establish a business relationship between the Personal Banker and the client
• Answer the phone within the Branch professionally, promptly, and pleasantly
• Participate in post/debrief meetings with the branch team involving clients from the day to better understand specific client needs
• Ensure compliance with security and audit procedures
• Adhere to all applicable policies and procedures
Branch Operations and Platform Assistance
• Provide direction and guidance for branch staff on operational/regulatory procedures
• Debrief with Manager and/or Banker after a transition is made to ensure alignment with client goals
• Observe and provide coaching to Tellers to enhance effectiveness
• Cross-train to work on platform and perform basic account opening and maintenance activities as needed
• Update electronic profile during client conversations
• Act as a backup to the Branch Manager, as needed and assigned
• Understand goals and objectives for the branch
• Special assignments as requested
• Ensure signage and merchandise are properly displayed
• Ensure that the branch facilities (internal and external) are maintained
• Review and maintain knowledge of product guides, fees and policies to stay current on offerings
Key's application process for Teller position(s) require that you complete our Skill Match Survey. The Skill Match Survey can be taken via computer or mobile device and will take 20-30 minutes to complete. After completing the application, you will be prompted to take the Skill Match Survey.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent business / operational experience
• A minimum of 1 year Teller experience
• Strong knowledge of branch operations
• Demonstrated superior client relationship skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong detail orientation
• Demonstrated organizational skills while managing multiple tasks
• Strong team player
• Working knowledge of Teller Software, PC with Windows based applications, Calculator
• Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and foster teamwork
• Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings
• Physical Requirements include: Prolonged Standing (5-8 hours per day), ability to communicate face to face and on the phone with clients, frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent forward reach, frequent lifting of 1– 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs
3 – 5 years of cash handling experience
Note: Employees in this job are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
About the Business
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank’s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
731 Chestnut Street
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
731 Chestnut Street (BR), Emmaus PA