The Senior GL Accountant is responsible for maintaining accounting policies and procedures that ensure the highest level of efficiency while maintaining appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP. Essential duties and responsibilities are the month-end close process, maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger, including sub ledger to ledger reconciliations and account reconciliations, roll forwards and monthly / quarterly financial reporting.
The Senior GL Accountant will assist in developing various accounting policies and procedures to ensure a solid corporate foundation. The position operates in fast paced, diverse, and hands-on environment. As the company continues to grow, the Senior GL Accountant must be able to adapt quickly to meet the changing needs.
The ideal candidate will be able to work well independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment. He/she must be proactive, customer service oriented, ambitious, passionate, adaptable, and flexible.
- Hands-on and complete monthly close procedures for areas of responsibility
- Analyze expenses and expense accruals to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations on assigned accounts
- Process and maintain fixed assets on a monthly basis
- Ensure the appropriate and consistent application of GAAP Prepare support for quarterly reporting requirements
- Prepare audit schedules and respond to auditor inquiries
- Assist in audit and SOX 404 testing support as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of accounting experience from combining of public accounting and a large, multi-entity international company
- Public Accounting and Manufacturing industry experience strongly preferred
- High degree of business and technical proficiency, judgment and leadership skills
- Proficient knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong personal leadership skills, including problem solving and analytical skills
- Large ERP system experience and excellent EXCEL skills, experience with SAP a plus
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Must be proactive, detail-oriented, able to take responsibility and maintain high quality and accuracy in reporting with specific deadlines
- Results orientated
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly internal reporting
- Must be flexible and able to deal with frequent interruptions, possess the ability to adapt to the Company’s frequently changing needs and priorities, and meet deadlines
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website at www.amyris.com.