At Zymergen, experts in diverse disciplines work together to solve previously unsolvable problems. Our People Team's objective is to build a culture that supports collaboration, learning, and innovation, allowing us to attract, develop, and challenge amazing people. We embrace the cycle of continuous improvement in our growing company, balancing today's needs with the future we aspire to build, and learning as we go along.
The HR Coordinator will support the HR team with day-to-day administration of a variety of HR services for our vibrant and growing company. As a member of the HR team, you will contribute to the company's HR operations, including responding to employee inquiries and maintaining documentation. You'll have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the HR function; as you learn, you'll be able to improve processes and help our organization scale.
Specific responsibilities will be based on the needs of the company and special projects as assigned. Examples include these:
- Transactional support within Workday, our HRIS system of record, including data entry for onboarding, offboarding, and internal transfers, maintaining employee records, and executing organizational changes. Assist with standard Workday report generation.
- Respond to employee inquiries via ServiceNow ticket system for HR support matters including employee benefits, verification of employment, employee data changes; build and maintain a catalog of high frequency canned responses.
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for HR activities and events including HR Office Hours, employee trainings, Wellness Fair, Flu Shot Clinic, and other special projects.
- Assist with employee onboarding for new hires, including managing communications, scheduling new hire orientations, and following up with new hires and managers to ensure a smooth onboarding experience.
- Immigration assistance including I-9 reverifications, posting and recording required documentation, fielding employee questions, and collaborating with our immigration law firm to ensure employee work authorizations and visas are handled quickly and efficiently.
- Quality check hyperlink viability and update key dates in documentation, template emails, and published intranet for various cyclical programs such as our bi-annual Performance Management and Compensation Cycle.
- Inventory and order employee swag items.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across a wide range of individuals and groups.
- Keen attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to lead projects through to closure.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle issues of a sensitive nature with tact and discretion.
- Experience in the life sciences is not required; however, intellectual curiosity is essential.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. may be required.
- 1-3 years of directly applicable HR Operations experience required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Workday and/or ServiceNow.
- Experience in a high-growth organization.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.