Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives.
With deep roots in technology and publishing, Callisto Media harnesses the disruptive power of Big Data, creating unparalleled insights into consumer demand and the science of content. Our titles uniquely serve the needs of the reader, enjoy consistent profitability, and delve into the long tail of opportunity.
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
- Develop, lead, and execute a process-driven strategy for increasing author acquisitions, improving employee productivity, and organizational effectiveness
- Drive and manage the acquisition of 300+ authors per year
- Manage budgets, identify new opportunities and partnerships, and oversee the short and long-term goals of the cross-organizational team
- Track and analyze recruiting effectiveness and optimize to ensure overall success. Leverage quantitative/qualitative data sources to drive recommendations
- Implement highly scalable author acquisition program to drive editorial and product strategy for our organization
- Develop and execute the total life-cycle of author acquisition workflow, process, and management
- Mentor acquisition editors and cultivate innovative thinking and processes
- Represent Callisto Media at industry events, networking events, including speaking opportunities
- Keep well-informed of industry and competitive trends; effectively communicate these trends to the organization and make recommendations as appropriate for new approaches
- Set strategy for building the Callisto brand and experience for authors
- 10+ years experience in an acquisitions or recruiting role
- 7+ years experience as a manager or executive in acquisitions or recruiting role
- Bachelor's Degree
- Incredibly responsive and solution-oriented—operates at a high tempo and has an unrelenting drive to see efforts through to positive impacts on our production
- Smart, analytical, and seasoned acquisitions/recruiting manager with demonstrated negotiation success at scale
- You understand that the initiatives that matter are ones that generate author leads, customers, and revenue
- Ability to develop, budget, and execute acquisition initiatives from creation to execution
- Rigorous about measuring goals and achievement against goal
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiation skills
- Proven sales/acquisitions experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Metrics driven and able to articulate business goals through quantitative analysis
- Proven ability to successfully position products against competitors
- Collaborative approach to problem solving and forging strategic alliances
- Team player who is detail oriented and able to multitask while keeping your work organized and focused
- Experience in a start-up or otherwise dynamic work environment
- Ability to travel between CA and NYC offices
We have a proven track record of expertly blending art with data science to publish timely books that readers want to consume. We help writers become authors. We advance self published authors become more successful to enhance their reputation and enrich their careers.
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, and a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.