We combine the power of Big Data, technology, and lean economics. We discover the information people are searching for and provide it. We help transform lives.
Callisto Media will be unmatched in providing products, services, and experiences to a diverse universe. From mainstream populations to groups that traditional companies believe are too small or economically unfeasible to address, we will meet their needs.
Today, we're the fastest growing company in the $140 billion global publishing industry, and our primary method for meeting peoples' needs is through books. But creating books for them is only the beginning.
The Digital Asset Management librarian reports to the Art Operations Manager and serves as system administrator for the Callisto DAM.
You will be responsible for ingest of all art assets as well as maintenance of the legacy IP. The DAM librarian is responsible for creating and maintaining metadata protocols to ensure accessibility to owned assets. This role maintains and advocates for the DAM system.
- Manage art content including photography, illustration, vector art and iconography
- Create and maintain logical and effective metadata protocols
- Upload, organize and curate assets based on cross-functional user needs
- Import legacy assets, regular clean up, purge, ingest and optimization
- Provide metrics on download and user engagement
- On-boarding new DAM users and on-going training
- Manage 3rd party relationships associated with the DAM
- Stay current with the latest asset management trends and innovations, apply to Callisto DAM when relevant
- Work with product managers on internal tool integrations
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of DAM experience in a high-volume environment
- Strong knowledge of DAM systems, metadata taxonomy, databases, copyright and rights management issues
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with Data Governance principles
- Familiarity with cloud storage best practices
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with great attention to detail
- Adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science, Archive Management or equivalent education and/or experience
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, for full-time employees, as well as a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.