- Supports the legal processing and CPLR compliance, as well as garnishment laws. Processes legal requests, including tax levies, subpoenas, restraining notices, executions, etc. Ensures compliance with exemptions laws.
- Possesses a good understanding of account ownership and requirements of the legal service process. Blocks client's accounts, researches records and communicates with clients and legal agencies in a positive and effective manner.
- Reviews various publications to stay abreast of regulatory changes regarding legal services to ensure policy and procedures comply with applicable regulations.
- Produces, records and maintains legal documents required in criminal cases, some of which may be used as evidence. Represents the bank in court proceedings as required. Responds and complies with laws in response to civil and criminal subpoenas. Communicates effectively with clients, law enforcement, and regulatory agencies as necessary.
- Conducts periodic reviews and follow up on recovery of charge-offs, including contacting clients as well as law enforcement. Follows up on outstanding cash items branch personnel are unable to collect.
- Performs wire functions, including working with clients, bank personnel and corresponding banks to prepare and ensure documentation for outgoing wire transfers are completed accurately and in compliance with regulatory guidelines and bank policy and procedures. Maintains and ensures adherence to wire agreements.
- Maintains compliance for processing all incoming and outgoing wires pursuant to the Treasury's Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC). Maintains records in compliance with OFAC requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in a business curriculum
- Two to four years experience in a related position normally required
- Proficient interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, software and operations processes, along with the ability to utilize resources to initiate solutions to various problems/questions
EEO/AA including Veterans and Disabled