Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Full-time Registered Dietitian/ Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) needed to work for our Aberdeen and Elma Nutrition Departments (Grays Harbor County). While in this position, the RD will work closely with the Health Educator, Chronic Care Coordinators, medical providers, and other clinical care team members. The RD is responsible for patient risk assessment, nutrition education, and nutrition counseling for patients referred by the Primary Care Provider in individual and occasional group settings. Nutrition conditions frequently encountered include diabetes, obesity, chronic kidney disease, hypertension and other chronic diseases. The RD will also work with patients with food allergies/sensitivities, celiac disease, failure to thrive, GI conditions, disordered eating, weight management, pediatric nutrition, and other health concerns. RD will also work closely with Care Management to ensure patient's needs are being met. The RD must be comfortable working with patients of all ages including women who are pregnant.
- Requires ability to conduct nutrition education on all medical topics in Spanish and English required, please mention language abilities with your application materials.
- Requires Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in nutrition from an accredited university.
- Requires completion of an accredited dietetic internship program or coordinated undergraduate program in Dietetics.
- Requires current status as RD/RDN (Registered Dietitian/Registered Dietitian Nutritionist) by the Commission for Dietetic Registration, and Washington state CD (Certified Dietitian) license, please include in your application materials.
- Requires ability to work effectively with people of varied racial, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Requires ability to deal patiently and empathetically with multicultural clientele, even under stressful conditions.
- Requires ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Experience with long term care programs.
- Current Adult/Pediatric CPR
- 1 year experience in outpatient nutrition setting
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. The fringe benefits surpass most companies. For example, employees Full-time employees working 30 hours or more, receive an excellent benefit package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 24-27 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. We offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding this position, email DanaeShelley@seamarchc.org Please include that you are a Certified Dietitian in the State of Washington in your application materials.
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 02/04/2020
External candidates may apply after 02/07/2020
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).