Substance Abuse Counselor
We are currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor 2 for our Elkton Treatment Center facility. Hours are Monday - Friday 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM.
Elkton Treatment Center, a member of Acadia Healthcare's Comprehensive Treatment Centers, is a part of the leader in medication assisted treatment for individuals struggling with an opioid addiction. With full-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications, we are prepared to treat the entire problem, not just a piece of it.
The Counselor 2 is a counseling professional who provides treatment and support to assist patients in their recovery from addictions, such as alcoholism, drug addiction, eating disorders, or other behavioral problems, assists with modifying problem behaviors; may also provide counseling services to families of patients through an outpatient setting.
- Conducts individual counseling sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- Conducts group and/or family sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- May co-facilitate assigned group or family sessions;
- Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow up assessment, for patients;
- Prepares individual treatment plan for each assigned patients;
- Ensures all documentation regarding patient care, treatment and incidents are completed timely and in a clear, concise manner;
- May act as a liaison between referral sources and patients;
- Provides crisis intervention to patients, as needed;
- May plan for aftercare for assigned patients;
- May act as a liaison with insurance carriers, as requested;
- May provide case management duties for patients, ensuring individualized quality care;
- Evaluates patient's needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities is needed; and,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in social or health services field with 2+ years experience in counseling field; or bachelor's degree in other field with 4+ years experience in the counseling field; or Master's degree in social or health services field with 1 year professional work experience; degree must be from an accredited college or university.
- Maryland State Licensure or certification for counseling, as may be required by the state in which the facility operates.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Company paid group term life insurance.