Requisition Number: SECUR02250
Union Hospital is seeking a Security Officer who performs a variety of security and safety related functions while involved in the safeguarding of employees, patients, visitors, physicians, and property.
Schedule: Saturday-Wednesday, 1500-2300.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing a safe environment for patients, employees, and visitors.
- Protects buildings, assets and premises.
- Patients and visitors will be of primary concern to the Security Officer.
- Assist clinical staff with lifting patients when needed.
- Must be able to work well under pressure during emergency situation.
- Must possess outstanding service excellence skills.
- Must be able to intervene with physically aggressive individuals.
- Produce all hospital staff identification and establish access level.
- Identifies and investigates unusual or suspicious activity.
- Conduct investigations for Risk Management.
- Provide security and safety to behavioral health staff and patients.
- Coordinates after hour visitor procedures.
- Demonstrate competency in roles and responsibilities while responding to all emergency codes.
- Coordinate mortuary issues with local funeral homes and law enforcement.
- Coordinate with Child Protection on family domestic issues in the maternal infant center and pediatrics.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Licenses / Certifications: American Heart Association BLS and De-Escalation certification required within 90 days of employment. Must have valid driver's license and good driving record.
Experience: Two years’ experience in security, military service, police, public safety or an equivalent amount
of education may be substituted. Hospital experience is preferred.