Union Hospital of Cecil County is looking for Patient Registration Specialists II to work in their Emergency Registration department. The Patient Registration Specialist II is responsible for the timely collection, validation and entry of all information (patient demographics, insurance, orders, etc.) necessary to support accurate billing, scheduling, pre-registration and/or registration for inpatient, outpatient and emergency department services.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Obtains (via phone or in person), verifies and accurately enters all information for scheduling, pre-registration or registration of patient emergency department services, inpatient admission, observation and after hours outpatient services.
- Performs duties of customer service representatives including switchboard and visitor support after hours.
- Communicates effectively with patient, physicians, medical office staff, insurance representatives and other hospital personnel to assist in access to care.
- Performs post-registration duties involving utilization and care reporting.
- Requests and collects payments (co-payments, co-insurance, deductible and payment on account) at time of service, where permissible.
- Complies with federal, state and hospital regulations, to include but not limited to HIPAA, EMTALA and CMS.
- Downloads and reconciles patient information report as assigned to improve accuracy of claims submission date.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
Licenses / Certifications: Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist (CRCS) or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous experience in the healthcare environment, or course study in the medical field such as medical terminology preferred.
Schedule: Mainly 2nd shift (evening), with flexibility to cover 3rd shift (overnight) as needed. Every other weekend and holiday rotation required.