About Us: Gore is a materials science company focused on improving lives through discovery, product innovation and rewarding careers for our Associates.
About the Industry: The Gore family of consumer products, including our revolutionary Elixir® Strings, is designed to provide superior performance in a wide range of applications. Learn more at gore.com/products/industries.
About the Role: We are looking for a 3PL Logistics Integration Manager to join our team based in Elkton, Maryland. In this role, you will have responsibility to reengineer Gores US East warehouse and distribution network. This network will support raw material supply into 12 manufacturing plants and product distribution for over 20 unique businesses. The objective of the role is to change how warehouse and distribution services are delivered to businesses in the region. The focus will be on increasing capability, standardizing work processes and digitally enabling external warehouse partners to improve scalability and efficiency while delivering value to the businesses. You will partner with associates in all supply chain functions and IT, external warehouse partners (3PL) and regional leaders to implement a new future state.
- Participating with Leadership in Warehouse and Distribution (W&D) strategy development
- Championing projects that support strategy by advancing capabilities and delivering business value
- Working with other supply chain associates to embed W&D into Gore’s overall business processes
- Defining and driving creation of IT based solutions for new robust processes from Current state analysis to future state definition based on industry best practice & implementation
- Partnering with IT on system integration and digitally enabling 3PL warehouse partners
- Partnering with IT to help associates realize benefits of new system functionality
- Leading Warehouse and Distribution Community of Practices (COP) in Gore’s Eastern Cluster
- Writing and presenting Business Case for Transformation W&D projects
- Documenting business requirements by translating customer and/or business needs while aligning with industry best practice
Required Qualifications: #LI-MSL
- BS/BA Degree in Logistics, Business, Supply Chain or STEM AND minimum 4 years experience warehouse process ourtsourcing OR minimum 7 years experience warehouse process outsourcing in lieu of a bachelors
- Experience in documenting warehouse processes and distribution business requirements
- Understanding 3PL system integrations
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expert (SME) in warehouse and distribution processes and industry best practices
- Process thinking, ability to develop and articulate work in terms of a repeatable process
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships, and influencing with stakeholders and internal customers
- Demonstrated experience driving to solutions and creating structure to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically with strategy implementation experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically and internationally
- SAP WMS & 3PL integration experience
- Lean or CI background with demonstrated use of tools
What We Offer: At Gore, we offer comprehensive, competitive rewards in the form of compensation and benefits. Among these are work-life balance and sports programs, 401(k) Plan with a gift, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, health & well-being program with full health plan, and a flexible working program. Within Gore, you will find a unique culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and opportunities for growth and development. Learn more at gore.com/careers
We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment. In support of our values and continued success we are proud of Associates around the world who support an inclusive work environment, strive to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate, and ensure all Associates and external partners are treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the U.S. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
Our Talent Acquisition Team welcomes your questions at gore.com/careers/contact