What You Will Do:
As a Hospice Clinical Manager, you will report directly to the operational leader and serve as a key member of care center operations and management team by leading a full team of multidiscipline, healthcare professionals. Your primary work will include the supervision, management, coordination and provision of quality patient care while demonstrating fiscal responsibility and maintaining the highest standards of care. You may occasionally provide one on one hospice and palliative care to patients in the home setting, and when required, may fulfill role as Agency Supervising Nurse.
- Participates with the physician, referral sources, Clinical/Branch Director and professional staff in decisions regarding patient eligibility and suitability for the hospice program and coordinates hospice care services from admission through bereavement.
- Coordinates with physicians, case managers, the patient, families and interdisciplinary team to implement that patient plan of care.
- Coordinates regular interdisciplinary team conferences and promotes communication of information relevant to the patient care process to ensure quality of care and coordination of services.
- Participates in agency quality assurance activities designed to improve quality and continuity of patient care which includes reviews of medical records, ensure adequate staffing, training and evaluating staff.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the company.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Registered Nurse*
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to perform patient visits.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
- More than one (1) year supervisory/management experience in hospice or home care (if not required by the state)
- Some states have specific requirements related to education, clinical or supervisory experience beyond the listed general requirement and may require up to 3-5 years of experience.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.