Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas'® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann's® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Fleet Trailer Mechanic is responsible for performing mechanical repairs needed to all types of vehicles/equipment and to make proper decisions to make sure all the vehicles/equipment are ready to operate when needed.
Fleet Trailer Mechanic Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will work in a participative environment where Safety is a priority and everyone works to reduce waste and ensure that our Fleet is maintained at the highest standards.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Responsibilities include performing preventative maintenance, major repairs, troubleshooting, shop and road work on trailers.
- Attend service calls with courtesy and professionalism.
- Use of hand tools, electric drills, and air tools.
- Keep work area clean and organized
- On-call responsibilities for road-calls on a rotational basis
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste within the Region while striving for efficiency and profitability.
- Pushing tool boxes, trucks, engine hoist ranging from 50 to 12,000 lbs..
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent is preferred
- Valid CDL Class A Driver's License is strongly preferred
- Willingness to take a DOT physical and ability to obtain a DOT Medical Card
- 3+ years of experience with diagnostics and performing repairs on medium duty trucks and/or trailers• Ability to work independently as part of a successful team.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer
- Ability to work in a self-motivated and fast pace environment
- Carry road call phone on a rotational schedule
- Must have own tools
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.