SEEKING HEAVY EQUIPMENT / DIESEL TECHNICIAN OR MECHANIC
- Perform quality maintenance, diagnosis, disassemble, inspect, perform rebuilds and reassemble all components or equipment (i.e., engines, power trains, hydraulics, fuel systems, electrical codes, etc.). This may include failure analysis as required.
- Perform responsibilities at customer job site with minimum supervision and also in shop as needed.
- Complete all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner, such as, work orders, delivery/return damage tickets, fuel usage reports, etc.
- Display the ability to learn and apply new knowledge through attendance at technical classes to advance technical capabilities.
- Communicate effectively with customers, other employees and supervisor.
- Comply with policies of safe driving and vehicle use. Ensure company vehicle is properly serviced and kept in a safe operating condition.
- Keep yard clean and the equipment well organized.
- Maintain and utilize work areas, tools and equipment to promote a clean and safe environment.
- Support, move and load equipment and vehicles safely.
- Work varying shifts and overtime as business needs arise.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and safety regulations. Use all safety equipment as necessary. Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Achieves customer satisfaction and profitability through quality maintenance, diagnosis, repair and percentage of reworks.
- Meet flat rate and/or estimated hours allocated for each job or service call.
- Achieves customer satisfaction through prompt and efficient service calls and effective communication.
- Applies technical knowledge through regular attendance at technical training classes.
- Maintain a good driving record and driving habits while operating company vehicles.
- Effectively participates as part of team, leading and assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Achieves a customer focus by delivering high quality, cost effective service.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures and practices.
- High School diploma, GED or trade school equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in the product service and maintenance function (service and parts manuals, technical bulletins, and other related articles).
- Certificate of technical training in job specific functions (i.e., engines, power train, hydraulics, fuel systems, power generation, electrical codes, etc.)
- Trained and certified to operate equipment and a lift truck.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company authorized software.
- Minimum of three (3) years of repair experience with construction equipment.
- Must meet personal tooling requirements.
- Shop and outside environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust, dirt and noise.
Physical / Mental Abilities:
- Professional attitude and appearance consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented, work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 8 - 10 hours a day, and/or sit 1 - 2 hours a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift 50 - 100 lbs.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use feet for repetitive movement when operating equipment controls.
- Must have agility and balance to safely climb on all machines.