At MutualBank, we exist to help people live better lives. Voted Best Places to Work in Indiana, that vision extends to our employees. We are passionate about our people and the communities where we live and work. Tellers are the face of our bank. You'll have opportunities to develop relationships with our great customers. That's part of the fun! It's important to smile, greet them as they walk in the door, create rapport, know and sell our products and services to meet their financial needs, and generate leads to other team members.
We want individuals who pitch in and help others without being asked and team members who are committed to the success of the team.
Tellers are responsible for accurately processing all customer transactions following all documented policies and procedures. The Teller is responsible to know the features and benefits of all bank products and services and to assertively cross-sell to new and existing customers; and must present a quality, professional image for MutualBank and have the ability and desire to develop and maintain quality customer relationships.
All MutualBank employees are expected to deliver consistent, high-quality customer service by interacting professionally with all internal & external customers; maintain confidentiality in all bank matters; dress professionally & appropriately, and using our core values, conduct themselves in a highly ethical manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accurately balance cash drawer and other receipt daily, as well as ATM (Automated Teller Machine) when required.
- Possess complete information of teller transactions in order to correctly process the following:
- Deposit products including checking and savings.
- Consumer loan and line-of-credit products.
- Mortgage loan products.
- CTR Applications; CIS, histories, and customer profiles.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of products/services and possess the ability to refer appropriately, thereby meeting bank goals.
- Identify and be able to conduct other miscellaneous activities, including but not limited to, telephone transfers, inquiries and histories, hold codes, transfers, loan payoffs, stop payments, NSF policies and procedures, and late charges.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of MutualBank fee structure.
- Understand, apply and follow all Federal Regulations and bank policies/procedures that apply to this position, including the Bank Secrecy Act and CIP.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS Must have the ability to lift up to 20 pounds and may be required to stand for long periods of time on a regular basis. Float tellers must be able to travel to nearby financial centers as directed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or equivalency; experience using a computer; a minimum of six months of cash handling experience and face-to-face customer service experience; strong math skills; attention to details; the ability to work under pressure, process multiple transactions and maintain accuracy are required. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are also necessary. Sales experience is preferred.