Requisition Number: TRANS01327
Winston Brands is looking for a Transportation Manager to join our team! The Transportation Manager is responsible for overseeing the shipping and delivery of materials to meet and exceed customer requirements and business expectations. In this role you will be responsible to ensure vendor compliance, measure shipping performance, and advise team members on current industry standards. You will audit our transportation costs with actual carrier costs and coordinate our efforts with carrier claims. This position supports short- and long-term transportation strategies designed to improve transportation systems, policies, methods, and procedures. In this role you will primarily focus on domestic transportation, some duties and responsibilities will stretch across the entire supply chain. The Logistics Supervisor will report directly to the Director of Transportation.
- Builds and maintains relationships with strategic logistics partners in the domestic supply chain
- Ensures logistic service providers meet their contractual obligations to the consignee.
- Ensures timely and cost-efficient movement of merchandise from vendor’s warehouse to the Distribution Center.
- Establish and utilize reporting tools to monitor and track performance for freight movements.
- Monitor Internal exception reporting providing resolution to the issue and long-term process corrections.
- Provide guidance to business units with regards to government and carrier transportation regulations (HazMat LQ/ORM-D).
- Manages Inbound Drayage and Outbound Linehaul programs
- Route, rate, track and resolve open service issues on LTL shipments.
- Assists in maintaining transportation rating, routing and configuration tables as needed.
- Liaison with Merchandising team, providing guidance on import regulation to include FDA and Fish & Wildlife
- Ownership of internal ISF and C- TPAT program
- Provides guidance on goals and objectives through clear, effective, timely, and constructive feedback to staff.
- Practices open door policy. Identifies, addresses, and resolves conflict immediately while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates positive self-confidence and business maturity in professional relationships.
- Takes actions to learn, teach and support company policies, practices, and processes.
- Manages and provides leadership and developmental opportunities for direct reports including mentoring, training, work assignments, and timely performance evaluations.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Solid experience with MS Excel is required.
- Proven experience with SAAS and/or site based TMS systems.
- Strong learning orientation for self; keeps abreast of changes in current field and new technology.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with a diverse audience.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Handles multiple tasks in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Strong follow-through and attention to detail and accuracy of own work.
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, database programs, and report writing.
- Experience with local drayage and contract carriers a plus.
- Results oriented with good planning, organizational and time-management skills.
Experience and Education:
- 5+ year’s logistics experience; transportation and domestic logistics experience required.
- 2+ year’s supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience.
- Strong understanding of origin operations, trans-loading, multi-stop, and pool distribution domestic freight movements.
- Understanding of Purchase Order Management systems.
- Awareness of best practices in the inbound transportation industry