CALL TODAY FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW! (847)427-5200
$1000 Sign-On Bonus offered for a limited time!
Competitive Pay and Benefits including 401(k) Match
Build your Career with an Industry Leader
Fort Dearborn Company is a leader in printed labels for the consumer products industry. Join Fort Dearborn and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to excellence and industry leadership for almost 100 years.
Conducts machine set-up, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service. Work also involves performing a variety of maintenance and repair tasks as assigned
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production. Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service in a multi-shift environment
- Performs duties including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of machines
- Supports an optimized production environment by applying the principles of Lean Manufacturing and 5S
- Responsible for maintaining and performing repairs to the facility
- Fort Dearborn has been around for almost 100 years, and we pride ourselves on our high level of excellence. Every team member of Fort Dearborn is expected to treat all associates respectfully and professionally
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- One or more years of demonstrated experience in the electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic applications
- The ability to read electrical schematics and vocational maintenance training certificate preferred
- Requires basic knowledge of computers and operating systems
- Requires physical ability to climb stairs, bend, sit, stand, walk, reach with arms, push, pull and use hands and fingers to feel and handle material for extended time frames
- Must have ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds repeatedly and regularly. Includes the ability to stoop, squat, crawl and kneel as needed
- Requires strong problem solving skills to assess product output relative to specifications
- Must have ability to multi-task and to identify and execute process improvements as needed
Fort Dearborn welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Fort Dearborn Company is an equal opportunity employer.