At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That's right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that's proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,“ then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work Visa for this position.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The Design Associate position serves essential design support role within Electric Distribution Design. This role reviews incoming work requests and assigns work in accordance with project type guidelines. Handles large volume of accelerated projects and associated customer interactions. Act as a liaison by establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with municipal, state, regulatory permitting offices within designated design area.
- Assist in the coordination of new underground service installations and service upgrades.
- Provide assistance with field inspections and construction staking as needed.
- Utilizes work management system to update existing work requests accordingly.
- Provide design support from local or regional office to patrol team during outages and storm restoration activities.
- Facilitate the creation, packaging, and coordination of VDOT, municipality and other permits as needed. job
- Utilizes CAD software to retrieve information from files and create desired displays and prepare layouts, and drawings according to engineering and permitting specifications.
- Utilize Microsoft Windows products to prepare right-of-way permits and easement agreements.
- Communicates electric service requirements to builders, developers and electrical contractors.
- Communicates schedule to ensure timely electric service installation.
- Assists with field inspections and staking as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- High school diploma and 2+ years of related experience
Related experience: Customer Service, Construction Management, Drafting, Utility Experience, Technical Design, General Electricity/Electrical
- Military Service Members/Veterans ranks from E3-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O3 2+ years related experience
- Skills: verbal, written and interpersonal communication; strong computer skills; time management and organization; math and technical aptitude;
Abilities: effectively interact with customers; teaming; detail oriented;
Physical attributes to perform essential function: walking, climbing, stooping, bending and prolonged standing.
- Must have valid driver's license and be able to drive.
- Associates Degree in any major with 2+ years related experience;
- High school diploma and 4+ years of related experience
Related experience: Customer Service, Construction Management, Drafting, Utility Experience, Technical Design, General Electricity / Electrical
- Retail / Customer Service Experience
- Construction Management/Field Operations background
- GIS/AutoCAD experience
A partial year of related work experience of 6 months or greater will be considered one year towards the qualifications.
Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Associate, Disciplines: Preferred: Business, Drafting and Design Technol, Engineering Technology
Cold Up to 25%
Office Work Environment 76 -100%
Outdoors Up to 25%
Travel Up to 25%
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here dombenefits.com.
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
The Company is actively seeking United States military veterans who meet the qualifications outlined above.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Distribution, Engineer, Electrical, CAD, Drafting, Operations, Engineering