Directs and coordinates administrative and financial services which may include office, clerical, human resources support and supportive services. Familiar with medical financial concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Primary contact for partners, patients/residents, and family members.
- Discusses and educates family members on various services offered by the nursing home and methods of payment for those services including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, insurance and private pay
- Verifies accuracy of patient information and completeness of admission file
- Updates/maintains accurate daily census
- Responsible for accurately reporting daily nursing hours
- Makes daily deposits and records in a timely manner; reconciles facility petty cash
- Assists with Medicaid pending procedures including assistance with the Medicaid application
- Performs Human Resources, Recruiting and Payroll functions
- Distributes funds and record transactions from Patient Trust fund and facility petty cash
- Prepares transfer of expense form
- Completes new vendor process and ensures all vendors are contracted with PruittHealth
- Assists with month end and year end processes and procedures
- Follows all company policies and procedures, state and federal laws and regulations and charged with reporting violations to the appropriate supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School diploma or equivalent required
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two (2) to four (4) years experience in Healthcare Administration or related field required.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Associates degree preferred
Billing and Financial Experience preferred