At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Software Configuration Analyst.
Statement of Work:
- Ensures configuration identification of all software model work products.
- Establishes & maintains tool specific to software libraries, baseline storage, and MBSE Tools, as required.
- Coordinates & facilitates all SCM Configuration Control Board activities.
- Executes builds and releases per program schedules to ensure reproducible software configuration baselines.
- Implements and oversees a status accounting process that reflects the current status of the end item software products.
- Contributes to continuous configuration management process & tool improvement. Generates as required process documentation & process change proposals.
- Provides for necessary interface & communication with customers and software team members.
- Control MBSE baselines between environments and perform model synchronization.
- Develop MBSE configuration control through tool development and user management.
- Actively engage in the development & maintenance of SCM processes / tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, & delivery of both internally developed and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products.
- Performs SCM and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable.
- Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use.
- Potentially develop software configuration standards for division-wide use. Collaborate & educate software developers in the use of Configuration Management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
- Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited university in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 2 years of software configuration analysis experience OR
- Master's degree from an ABET accredited university in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline
- Knowledge of Software Configuration and Change Management principles
Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept. of Defense Secret level with a background investigation date within 10 years OR
- Dept. of Energy L clearance with a background investigation date within 10 years
- An extensive knowledge of software / hardware configuration, data and change management principles
- Proficiency in the use of company standard configuration management & Model Based tools such as CAMEO
- Be able to administer and or maintain software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of program products.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.