Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
You are... someone who is enjoys being directly accountable for the reliability of a business-critical, large- scale enterprise system. You’re comfortable guiding and making decisions with limited information and are capable of operating within the trade-offs present when solving for immediate needs versus solving with bigger scale solutions. You might be considered an authority in systems reliability and you feel rewarded by working to develop operability culture in a quickly growing and changing environment. You enjoy owning a wide and diverse set of problem areas and are willing to go out of your lane to affect change. You may have developed metrics, log aggregation or performance analysis systems in your career. Does this sound like you? If it does, keep reading!
A great day in this role: You just solved a critical customer issue. Your small and agile team is anticipating kudos across Customer Success & Product Engineering as they’ve been busy shipping best- in-class measurement and analytics tools to our platform that are ready to use and as approachable as possible. You’ve just attended a postmortem for a severe incident, and during the course of the meeting the team identified a big-scale way to add a new capability to the platform that not only prevents that type of outage, but potential similar outages in many other areas of the business. You’ve saved the company a significant amount of capex and lost revenue in your first 6 months, paying for your own position in the process! And a happy customer is an add-on revenue.
Our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is an investment by Cloud to make “big-hammer”, impactful changes to Ellie Mae that help us constantly run better, faster, and cheaper. This team centralizes the concerns of developing and providing measurements and guidance, so every engineer is able to improve availability and efficiency in their area of the Ellie Mae cloud. SRE improves our customer experiences by ever-increasing availability and performance; reclaiming time spent by our engineers diagnosing issues or configuring software; reducing the total cost of owning and operating products and services. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Ellie Mae. Come join us.
- Employ deep troubleshooting skills to improve the availability, performance, and security of Ellie Mae Services.
- Coding and Automation of Applications on Cloud Platform
- Implement automated tests, automated deployments, and operational tools
- Collaborate with Product and Support teams to plan and deploy product releases
- Set Strategic and Operational goals for team, and work with team to deliver on goals.
- Work with Cloud Platform and Operations leaders to develop narratives, backlog grooming, epic planning and overall sprint planning processes
- Work with Engineering leadership to build shared services that meet the requirements and need of the platform and application teams
- Ensure services are designed with 24/7 availability and operational readiness and rigor
- Implementation of proactive monitoring, alerting, trend analysis and self-healing systems
- Define non-functional requirements as part of the product lifecycle to influence the new designs, standards, and methods for scalable, highly available distributed systems
- Contribute to product development / engineering as needed to ensure Quality of Service of Highly Available services
- Identifies, evaluates and executes preventive measures to minimize/avoid impact to the customers experience. Proactive v/s Customer escalated
- Resolution of product/service defects or design changes, infrastructure changes, or operational changes
- Partner with other SREs and lead by example - contributor more than a delegator
- 10+ years of Systems/Applications automation in 24x7 Production Services environments
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or equivalent professional experience
- Fluency with one or more current generation scripting language used by DevOps professionals (Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby) + Java Development and/or .NET
- Excellent troubleshooter, utilizing a systematic problem-solving approach
- Demonstrated experience in designing, analyzing, and diagnosing large-scale distributed systems + Windows Server and/or Linux systems internals (system libraries, file systems, client-server protocols)
- Experience with elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns
- Experience operating on AWS (both PaaS and IaaS offerings)
- Experience in both Windows (2k8R2+) and Linux (centos) + Security triage & forensic analysis
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts, including Infrastructure as code utilizing tools like Terraform, Cloudformation and Chef/SaltStack
- Expert in Containerization concepts like Docker, and PaaS services on AWS.
- NoSQL/Docker/Micro-services/Forensic-Analysis experience is a requirement
- Proven strength in SaaS services, experience in massive scale web operations
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.